Barclays Fraud Analytics Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Barclays

1 Interview Review

Fraud Analytics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

The staffing agency found me and they forwarded my resume to BarclayCard after my approval. BarclayCard showed interest on my skill-set and i had a phone interview with the hiring manager. In this conversation, he asked questions about my background as well as behavioral and technical questions. After this interview, both me and the hiring manager was comfortable with moving forward and I was very optimistic about this opportunity. They asked me to complete an online test to proceed. This online test measured my quantitative and problem solving skills. I easily passed this test.

Eventually, they invited me to have an on-site interview. At the on-site interview, I had a SAS test in the beginning, and successfully completed this test. Afterwards, I had five meetings. First meeting was with the hiring manager. As we talked over the phone before, it was all positive. Second meeting was with a director, and he mainly asked questions about my technical skills and experiences. Third meeting was the case interview with another director together with my hiring manager. This was an easy case interview, but some misunderstandings turned this into a difficult one. I had successfully completed very similar, but more complicated case interviews before. For that reason, I felt very misfortunate, but the hiring manager told me that I was successful in the end. The fourth interview was a lunch-interview with another manager. It was a relaxed, but informative meeting. I was able to learn more about the work environment, social life, company culture, growth and self-development opportunities. Finally, I met with the HR associate and she answered my questions about the job and the benefits.

Everything was great until here. The problem is they told me that i should be receiving a response within one week. Two weeks later, i asked the agency, and they told me they are waiting for BarclayCard's answer too. I waited for two more weeks and the staffing agency told me that BarclayCard finally gave them their decision, and the decision was negative. My advice to the other candidates: If you don't receive any certain response within one week, don't waste your time and just focus on the other opportunities that you have.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready for your SAS exam?   2 Answers