Barclays Interview Questions in Glasgow, Scotland | Glassdoor

3.5

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Corporate Actions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barclays (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

this was a face to face interview. I was referred by a colleague via the internal recruiting Team.
    this took a minimum of 3 weeks to get an email and interview date confirmation.

Interview Questions

• I was tested around Business Skill- Tell us time u have suggested another way of completing task to a colleague?   1 Answer
    • if this is a project based recruitment or team expansion.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Application online by The website
    Internet test (problem solving)
    Final interview with Two people , one To ask The other To listen and make notes
    All in about fifteen days contact over email and telephone, but most of The time email

Interview Questions

• Situations in life that could be applied for The difficulties Of The position   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had an online numerical test followed by a telephone interview. Walked through my CV, asked about college assignments related to credit risk and any knowledge I had about credit risk. Called for an assessment centre then 3 competence and technical interviews, a values interview and a case study which was mental math based. Good experience, expecting to hear back this week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Straightforward application process:
    1. Online Application
    some background information + 3 competency questions
    2. Telephone Interview (Strength Based)
    12 questions in 20 minutes, try to back up your answers with some examples
    3. Assessment Day
    - Group Exercise
    - One-to-one Strength Based Interview
    - Individual Presentation

Interview Questions

• How you build up relationships, and what do you do to ensure that your relationship is reliable   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Online tests and questionnaire, telephone interview, and assessment day with 45 min interview, presentation and group exercise.
    Presentation was a timed desk simulation, where you have to find information about a company decision from emails and articles which are emailed to you. Then you prepare a 5 minute presentation and answer questions. The most important thing is that you have reasons for you recommendations and can stand up to being questioned.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online. The recruitment team got back to me in a day and asked me to take the numerical + inductive reasoning tests. After passing the test, heard back in 1 working day and was invited to a telephone interview. The telephone interview was strengths based, lasted half and hour, and the lady interviewing me was probably the nicest person to have ever interviewed me.

Heard back next day and was invited to an assessment centre at Glasgow. Had breakfast with the assessors and this gave us a chance to speak to them and find out about life at Barclays. Had a one on one strengths based interview to start the day.

This was followed by a group project which was extremely difficult (my group failed the task but got great feedback because we showed exceptional team work). This was followed by a one-on-one technical interview, which was mostly about Data Structures, Software Development and DBMS. I was also quizzed about my motivation to join a technology role.

At the end of the assessment centre, was asked to retake the numerical test.

Was offered the job half an hour after the completion of the assessment centre.

Was very impressed by the people who I met on the day and this speaks volumes about the firm. They were all very polite and the interviewers made us feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• From a list of Data Structures, which one would be the best for a specific task and why? Can you give an example to prove it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, but the salary offered was very generous and almost 20% more than anywhere else in the industry. Also, I was offered a big sign-on bonus.

Derivatives Confirmation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Direct and simple, general questions about my previous experiences on other companies and my expectations in terms professional and personal. nothing more than this. Direct process and no crazy questions

Interview Questions

• General questions about company and financial markets   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview: question about resume; experience with EAD, PD, LGD, why Barclays
    about 20 mins viewed by HR,

Interview Questions

• just some question about yourself and the check whether you are matched with the job requirements   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

1) Submitted CV to recruitment consultant
    2) Telephonic Interview
    3) Online Tests
    4) Panel Interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work as an important member of a team and how successful were you?   Answer Question
    • Describe what action you took when you found that one of your co-worker was not following laid down company procedures?   Answer Question
    • Describe an important transition in your professional life and how did you manage it?   Answer Question

Account Opening Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

It was a temporary role, so my agency did all the application work. I got an email from my agency that there is going to be a telephone interview.

The phone interview lasted about 30mins and they mostly asked about competency base questions such as what does customer service mean to you?, what do you understand about being a team player?, describe your current role?, how to you manage to cope with the challenges and demands of your work?, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with barclays stockbrokers?   1 Answer
    • describe your current role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

it advisable to be calm and try to proof that you are a professional. Answer all questions with the best of your abilities but also try and make examples when explanting and try and personify your answers.