Barclays Global Investors Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays Global Investors (San Francisco, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Saw the job posted on a public site, applied and was called almost immediately by an HR person for a standard 30-minute phone screen. I ignored this person's subtle condescension and did my best to answer questions quickly. I apparently passed, because an invitation to meet with the hiring manager arrived the next day, which I accepted. All fine so far (minus the "too-cool-for-school" attitude of the HR person, this was all a very standard, perfectly acceptable process).

At the agreed-upon time/date, I showed up on time for my one-hour interview with the hiring manager. The meeting went on for the hour. The next day, I wrote the usual polite "thank you e-mail." About 4 weeks later, I got a voice-mail from their HR dept saying they had "forgotten about me," but that they wanted to make sure I knew they had moved forward with someone else. And that I should feel comfortable applying for other jobs in that department.

Summary: The process was handled well, except for the follow-through, which was nearly non-existent. What follow-through did materialize was bungled spectacularly.

Interview Questions