Barclays Graduate Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Graduate Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.3

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2010.

Interview

there were 2 rounds of interview, an application essay and online aptitude test. aptitude test is pretty straight forward and similar to those available on the internet with emphasis on analysis and pattern recognition. first interview is via phone with an external interview vendor who will ask you 3-5 structured questions that requires some knowledge of the business, the bank, the work that you are applying into and the reasons for that. there maybe a question relating to a situation and require some analytical process and response. second interview is a assessment centre with around 10 other candidates. the assessment centre is one day long with 1 interview session with line manager, 1 individual case study analysis and presentation, 1 team case study analysis and presentation and finally a repeat test on aptitude. results should be out within 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• case studies usually relates to a problem that the business faces in such as financial, infrastructure, security, governance etc. candidates are not expected to provide the "right" answers to the situations but to give logical deductions of the outcome and how some mitigations can be provided to enhance the situation. provide risk analysis with supporting evidence and present all these in a easy to understand manner (usually via flip charts)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

The first stage comprised the standard psychometric tests- Numerical and logical, and thereafter if you pass the test, you will be invited for a phone interview.
    After the phone interview, an AC will be scheduled.
    Overall, the process was rather long. The AC was fun and the atmosphere was good.

Interview Questions

• Everything was predictable. Mostly competency questions.   Answer Question

After reading on the other reviews as well as speaking to industry professionals, I realized that the salary progression is really low despite the high starting salary. Job security appears to be low as well, even though it offers a thorough training.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Interview

Can not remember; the process was laid back and not extremely challenging. The soft skill competencies are more important that the technical ones at the point of interviewing for the grad programme.

Typical mix of online test, assessment centers, presentations and then interviews.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

At first I filled in their online application form, which asked for grades, experiences and included open questions such as why are you applying for this role? What recent development do you know in the industry ? Your greatest achievement and an example of successful relationship. After I was invited to the numerical test and subsequently to the verbal test. Later almost in 3 months, they invited me to the phone interview. It took near 30 minutes and was mainly about my competences , knowledge of the industry and motivation. I was also asked about my knowledge of CFA. The lady asked me a lot about my team experience, especially when I was a leader and exactly I did being at this role. She asked if I ever had to prove something and state an opinion against a majority.
    I got the answer for my results after a month after the phone interview. They are quite slow.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was about an I article I read about the industry. The interviewer was interested in details like what did I derive for myself from this article? How I felt about it?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2011.

Interview

After the online application you get automatically approved to an online numbers exam, which if you score sufficiently turns into a word reasoning test.

3 interviews, each on different sections, one on the current market, one on accounting/finance, and the other on me as a person.

Interview Questions

• None, all very standard if you are prepared. Know the market!   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays in January 2010.

Interview

Detailed online applications, followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Then an interview with two people and then an assessment day. Overall, the process was quite a lot of effort but the people you were dealing with were all very nice and helpful. Really would have liked to have been offered a position there and it is definitely somewhere I will keep an eye out for any openings as I progress my career. Would recommend going through all the effort of applying and brushing up on your maths skills - dealing with FX rates, % changes and speed of calculations.

Interview Questions

• Any situational questions were always asked in two parts. So what was your best and worst team experience?   1 Answer

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in February 2010.

Interview

My intial communication with the company was very professional and positive . I was encouraged by the understanding they had of my situation and asked direct questions in order to get a deeper understanding of my experiences. Feedback was at every stage and was usefull.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New Delhi (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience and they had the best pre-placement talk in the entire gamut of companies which had come to hire us. I was mind-blown with their transparency and clarity of thought and conversation. They explained everything about the company in a matter of 10 mins.

Interview Questions

• Initially students were screened as per their aggregate % i.e. 70%+.After which we had an aptitude round (P&C, numbers, data analysis sort) shortlisting 30 out of 60 students.There was a group discussion on a topic-" Has Honey Singh been able to influence the music industry". 10 students were shortlisted after this. A technical and an HR round followed. In the technical round, it was mostly internships and guess estimates and brainteasers. After this the shortlisted 6 students went for their HR round. In this questions on strengths, weaknesses were asked and also a problem was asked which needed to be solved. There was a psychometric evaluation and at the end, 5 students were selected.   1 Answer

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Simple application process - filled in the form with my CV and statement, completed a video interview comprising of twelve questions and then was invited to an AC. Three strength based interviews with a group activity. AC itself was friendly and relaxed and could tell the company wanted to make the candidates at ease in order to help them demonstrate their potential.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New Delhi (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

3 round process

a. First there was a written math test. Basic math you get on any aptitude test?
    b. Then there was a group activity round to assess teamwork etc.
    c. Finally,there was an HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a part of the Graduate Program at Barclays?   Answer Question