Barclays IBD Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays IBD Summer Analyst Interview Questions

4.0

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Applied online and scheduled a first round phone interview within the week. Though for an IBD internship, I was asked to pitch a stock. 2 weeks later, I went into a regional office to have a video conference with the office I was interviewing for. This was very strengths based and I got asked zero technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Pitch me a stock. How has the economic crisis affected the M&A market in the Asia Pacific region?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Applied online and completed numerical and reasoning test. 1st round involved a strength-based interview, which is different from the usual competency based interviews that involve questions like 'describe a situation where you showed teamwork', etc. They get back to you quickly about whether you progress to the final round.

The final round involved a group case study that you had to discuss and present to senior representatives, followed by a break then a series of interviews. For the group case study you need to have an understanding of key accounting concepts and terminology to understand the material. You need to be aware of valuation to put a strong and coherent argument forward. Throughout the discussion phase of the group case you will be assessed by representatives and during the presentation you will be challenged by a different group of senior business representatives to defend your argument.

After lunch and a brief break you will be allocated three or four interviews dependent on your background. Although the interviews will be with individuals from different divisions within the bank, unlike previous years you will not be extended a desk specific offer, rather you will be put in a general pool that will be allocated later. The interviews will range from being technical or a relaxed conversation dependent on your interviewer. You hear back on the same or next day whether you got an offer.

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Online application, numerical and verbal test, telephone interview, and then AC in London.

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays in December 2011.

Interview

After a discussion with a Barclays IBD representative during a career forum a phone interview was scheduled (after a online application was submitted).

Interview Questions

• Explain me how you once tried to improve a process that was already working?
      Can you tell me something that has affected the industry recently?
      Answer Question