Barclays Assistant Vice President - IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Assistant Vice President - IT Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2016

Assistant Vice President IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

2 Rounds. First contact by HR for screening. HR mentioned the saalry offered and the grade for the position. He mentioned I would be contacted by Hiring manager for a 2nd interview. HR manwger asked generic questions on background and some work scenerio questions. Questions were project and infrastructure associated. I was relocating from alternate city so was asked about time frame for movement and availability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took a long time for background verification

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring is an ad-hoc process at barclays at least below VP levels. It depends on which group you interview into. You can expect strong coding questions as well as business questions. Depends on what you wrote in your resume.

Interview Questions

• this is not a difficult question but: Level order traversal of tree was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

you should negotiate... definitely... better if you have competing offers...competing offers are easy to match and/or beat for them but they might not negotiate easily without that.

Assistant Vice President, IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in October 2011.

Interview

Total of 3 interviews that took 2 weeks total and I got an offer from Research IT group at the end
    Recruiter got me the phone as he had worked with group before (legacy lehman benchmark indices group)

1 phone screen
    2 onsite interviews - total 5 interviewers (2 peers, 2 with Manager from 2 different teams and 1 group MD)

Interview Questions

• phone screen - Basic data structure questions, yield computation on bonds and SQL group by questions
      Onsite interview - Current project and experience at Goldman . Program to write binary search, Tree depth , data structures
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

easy and a cake walk for any individual with minimum of knoeledge. ANyone taking your interview is below average.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question: Explain embedded question lemma   Answer Question

Negotiation

tedious

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

3 rounds interview. In first round of interview, first meet with hiring manager. Then following with 2 technical interview. Each one take around 1 hour. After that, wait one week for second round interview. Then continue with one technical interview and one personality interview. After that, wait another week for 3rd round interview. Still come with one technical interview and one personality interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

done by recruiter.

Assistant Vice President, IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Prague (Czech Republic)) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview is insanely long, it consisted of five rounds:
    - Online test (quite a long and complex one)
    - Phone interview: This part is a bit difficult, because you connect to an online conference with three people with very different accents and including connectivity issues, it's some time hard to understand what they are talking about. They ask technical questions.
    - First personal interview: Nearly three hours of technical questions, you have to write pieces of code in notepad
    - Second personal interview: After all the previous rounds this one is insanely easy. They were asking really basic questions every programmer should know. I don't understand the reason for this round at all.
    - HR interview: Talk with team leaders about your motivation and soft skills. Finally, you set up the salary.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were purely technical. During last round they asked me standard questions like: You lead a team and one developer repeatedly fails to deliver work on time. How would you solve the situation?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President - IT Interview

Interview

2 face to face meeting, very little questions asked
    a few brain teaser to solve

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Assistant Vice President, IT Interview

Interview

Interview, then notified of offer within 2 to 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Write a function for figuring out whether or not a number is prime.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2011.

Interview

1 technical telephonic interview round by a java developer.
    2 telephonic semi-technical interview round by team lead.
    3 Video conference with Manager

3. Hashmap - load factor
    4. Fail fast iterators
    5. Concurrent Hash Map, how does its iterator behave
    6. Threads, Callable, Runnable

Interview Questions

• If there is a object which needs to be read and written by multiple threads in such a way that Read can happen in parallel but only one write thread should be permitted.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR was a hard negotiator. She offered me average Singapore salary. I researched on glass door about the salary range and told her that I already have an offer which is very high from my native country's standard, I won't join Barclays if you don't give me competitive salary.

I was asking for X, she offered X * 80%, ultimately after the negotiations I got X * 90%

I would recommend having an offer in hand for better negotiation.

Assistant Vice President - IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in May 2011.

Interview

They expect you to be the best subject matter expert. For a developer, you will be asked textbook concepts plus some critical thinking. Don't worry, you won't use them once you're in.