Barclays C++ Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays C++ Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me by phone. Days later I received an online test (they monitor your keystrokes and general browser usage while completing the test); I had unlimited time to complete the test (three C++ exercises). Days later I received an invitation for an onsite interview with two software engineers and two vice-presidents. On the day of the interview, the first engineer told me that the position was canceled and they're now looking for a different profile than mine; also the 3 other interviewers wouldn't show up. The only engineer that interviewed me asked irrelevant questions about my career and experience (I could tell that he didn't even read my resume). This whole process was a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Interview question: Calculate sum of the main diagonal of an Excel spreadsheet using VBA (even when the position was for C++).   1 Answer
  • Online test: As input, a string which contains a comma-separated list of values (e.g. "a, 2, 4, xyz, 10, foo"). As output, separate numbers from non-numbers and print them out comma-separated, including a pipe (|) between each sublist (from the example, the output would be: 2, 4, 10 | a, xyz, foo)   2 Answers
  • Online test: As input, a string of comma-separated list of values representing a sudoku state (e.g. "1,2,3,...,0,45,..." 81 elements in total because sudokus are 9x9). As output, print out TRUE or FALSE whether the state is a valid sudoku state or no.   1 Answer
  • Online test: Validate a poker hand (player 1 draws 5 cards, player 2 does the same; then compare the hands and print out who wins or if there's a draw).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Prague (Czech Republic)) in May 2015.

Interview

The first is medium-complexity on-line tests for C# and OOP. The second is interview with several team leaders simultaneously. The interview was easy technically, but more important is first impression of verbal skills. It looks really crucial compared to other stuff.

Interview Questions

• Topics:
      - Dictionary
      - IEnumerable vs IQueryable
      - GC (generations, big objects etc.)
      - ISet
      - yield   Answer Question

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Prague (Czech Republic)) in June 2012.

Interview

I was referred to multiple different teams which has lead to multiple rounds of phone screening focused on technical knowledge. Next step is face to face interview on site with multiple rounds focused on both technical knowledge and your career plans. After the interview it took a lot of time to get final approval and to prepare the offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special, the usual poking around technical knowledge   Answer Question

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (India)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. Process was total unprofessional. There were 250+ people standing in the queue to get the entry pass and there was only 1 counter to distribute the passes. The counter perosn Was really slow and unresponsive. Complete waste of time. They wasted 1 hrs only in the queue.
    After that, we were taken to the building for the interview. It reminded me of my college days placement cell. People are walking here and there shouting. There were only 2-3 interviewer for 100+ people from one skill and they had called people from multiple skills.
    After waiting for 5 hours, they called me for the interview,ot went for 15 mins max, asked some basic questions. I was able to answer those, but result as expected. They asked me to leave.
    I guess the drive was never to hire people but to waste our and their own time.
    They should look into this more seriously to make the process smoother and faster and learn to respect others time.

Interview Questions

Barclays Response

Nov 7, 2018 – AVP - HR

Thank you for taking the time out to post your review. We are really disappointed that you have had such a poor experience at a recruitment event and have taken steps to improve this in future. We... More

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

Got it through a recruiter, role was in their FX division which is recruiting heavily. Had to give a brainbench C++ test, which was cakewalk and had a F2F with the director, who has been there for quite a long time and a topshot too, of their FX division. I had joined Nomura a week back so was in no hurry to impress anybody. I wore my Caterpillar work boots, which the director duly noticed and did not approve of also, got it by how he eyed them. Arrived late by around 15 minutes, difficult to locate buildings in Canary Wharf, and the director was not happy about it too and made it clear to me. I thought shot down, so went cool. Interview was for a bit more than 30 minutes. Went through some design questions on multi threading, asked me to write some code and some CV questions. I did not think I had any chance by how I was left off. Told the recruiter, and he also assumed to be a no and out of the blue after 2 days I was told I have been offered the role, which I duly turned down. The recruiter was really angry at me.

Interview Questions

Had joined Nomura week back.