Barclays Human Resources Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

3.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Very quick process, had an introductory phone interview then an in person interview at the NY office. Met with 3 people and had a Q/A with a current analyst.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Barclays? Why are you interested in HR? Which division are you most interested in? What was a time you had to give negative feedback to someone and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Interview

I had 2 interviews - one with the London team on phone and one in person interview in New York. I got the results in 3-4 days and was requested to join as soon as possible.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

The initial communications was through my campus website. I received an on campus interview for a summer position. At the interview, I was interviewed by two people. I did not know much information about finance or the structure of Barclays, however, the interviewers did not seem to mind. I was honest and open about my lack of knowledge but willingness to learn. I had great work experience and concrete answers to behavioral questions.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Test Online + Phone Interview + Assessment Centre (individual interview, group exercise, role play).

Phone interview competency based and straight forward
    Assessment Centre:
    1) Competency based interview
    2) Group exercise: solve a logical game in group, you cannot prepare in advance, just do it naturally
    3) Role play about HR interacting with front office

Interview Questions

• The group exercise was pretty hard as critical thinking based, you have to react quicly   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

This was a telephone interview.

It was very competency based, with a few technical questions on how regulations could affect your division, what are your thoughts on the regulations being put in place atm

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am still waiting

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2012.

Interview

A phone interview of basic CV/competency/company questions, followed by an assessment centre that took the whole afternoon. AC includes a brief intro to the internship programme, 2-1 personal interview, HR case study (~10 pages, 45mins preparation + 45mins Presentation) followed by individual presentation, and a quite flexible group task followed by presentation and Q&A

Interview Questions

• A lot of competency questions during personal interview in AC since the session was long   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2012.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview followed by an assessment centre. The phone interview lasted for at least with quite alot of demanding questions. You need to have a lot of knowledge on the investment banking industry. And also be prepared to answer competency questions. I was rather surprised to be called for the assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of an interview, case presentation and a group exercise. For me, the case presentation was quite a daunting experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays in January 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume online to Barclays, I was notified through email that I was accepted for an on-campus interview. I had five days to prepare between receiving the notification and the scheduled interview. There were two interviews, 30 minutes each, with two separate and very different interviewers. One interviewer focused more on behavioral questions while the other asked more general questions, but it was challenging speaking to one of the interviewers, who seemed disinterested and unimpressed, while the other interviewer was very enthusiastic.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in March 2010.

Interview

The interview was very straighforward, and easy going. the interviewers were nice and they asked the standard set of questions.