Barclays Presidents Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.9

Assistant Vice President, Global Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Standard process. 1 on 1, 3 meeting per day, 6 people in total. routine questions. some product specific questions, some resume questions, some basic personality and background questions. Nothing too crazy

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

I came in one time to speak with the entire team. Easy conversations where they wanted to get to know you to make sure you were the correct fit.

Assistant Vice President - BP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of two rounds of interviews. The first round was with 2 vice presidents and the director. The second round I met with an Assistant Vice President, another Vice President and the director again. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. They were one on one and most resume based.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated through the head hunter

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Super Day at Barclays, hiring event. Interviewed with three senior managers (managing directors, group heads, etc.) Interview was intense. It took about an hour. Did not know exactly what position I was interviewing for, just knew it was a role in compliance. Process was really quick, within 3 weeks I heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Who was the best manager I've every had and why?
      What negative things have you heard about the company in the news/media?
      Answer Question

Assistant Vice President, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Too many people interviewing (US and UK) and process is too long before an offer.
    The turnover rate in HR is very high; trading floor setup; promotion process is inconsistent; and UK tells US what to do so no real ownership with project start to finish

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

2 Rounds. First contact by HR for screening. HR mentioned the saalry offered and the grade for the position. He mentioned I would be contacted by Hiring manager for a 2nd interview. HR manwger asked generic questions on background and some work scenerio questions. Questions were project and infrastructure associated. I was relocating from alternate city so was asked about time frame for movement and availability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took a long time for background verification

Credit Risk Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Straight forward process. Asked about background and the typical interview questions. Didn't have enough experience in one of the areas they were looking for. So didn't get second round. An hour+ interview with two people.

Assistant Vice President, Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

An internal recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn. Had one phone interview with the recruiter, four 1 on 1 interviews with managers, and another phone interview with HR.

I was given system access and an ID before my background check had completed, which was odd.

Interview Questions

• How much collateral does your current employer post for certain kinds of transactions?   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President, IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring is an ad-hoc process at barclays at least below VP levels. It depends on which group you interview into. You can expect strong coding questions as well as business questions. Depends on what you wrote in your resume.

Interview Questions

• this is not a difficult question but: Level order traversal of tree was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

you should negotiate... definitely... better if you have competing offers...competing offers are easy to match and/or beat for them but they might not negotiate easily without that.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Unduly lengthy and cumbersome - several rounds of interviews (3) over about 3 months. Initially met with a panel, then came back to meet the manager 1 on 1, then came back to meet the manager's manager 1 on 1, then came back again to meet the manager.