Barclays Sales and Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sophomore Skills-Sales and Trading Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, went to NY for super-dayStarted out with a learning session for 2 hours about accounting basics/financial statements and the different types of company valuations to get their stock price. After that there were 3 differnt rotations. 1) 3 back to back 1 on 1 interviews. 2) excel skills training. 3) Networking skills. And a networking event in the last hour of the day. Great event, actually learned something other than just going there and interviewing.

Interview Questions

• General whats going on in the markets right now.   Answer Question
    • If you had to choose a financial statement which one would it be and why? General questions about how to work around and through the financial statements.   Answer Question
    • Pitch a stock, pitch a stock in foreign index.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

First round interview with my college's alumnae at the firm over the phone, picked for a superday in New York. Superday consisted of three, 30 minute interviews with senior people across different desks. Mostly fit and market questions, had to do a stock pitch. Found out early the next week I had an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Sent me a rejection email monday following the interview that I did not get it. The recruiter did not even have my name on the email and the formatting was completely wrong. Shocks me how such a large institution that emphasizes "respect for others," shows no respect for a potential candidate. Please train your hr staff.

Interview Questions

• How would you invest 1,000,000
      why barclays
      conflict example   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Process took two weeks after reaching out to those who were chosen for the first round of interviews. The internship was based in NY but we had our first round in Boston. First round was both behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions

• If the president decides to invest heavily in infrastructure, consequently what would happen to the yield curve?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied to the Sales and Trading Summer Analyst position through my career website and was invited to a networking event. Afterwards, I got invited to a phone interview with one of the VP at the sales desk.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, was given an early superday and did not have to do a first round interview. I interviewed with 3 people, each for 30mins. They then did a debriefing panel with analysts from my school to try and sell all of the interviewees on Barclays.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your classes and why it interests you?
      Have you ever proposed an idea and it was shot down?
      What group do you want to join and why?
      Why Barclays?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

First round was very easy. I applied thorugh campus recruiting. Dinner was before the interview. The questions first round were all behavioral, very casual, more of a conversation. no technical questions. Was notified the next day via telephone about second round.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

1st round was a typical S&T phone interview; opinion based market question, why Barclays, and etc. Superday was all fit/behavioral, very relaxed and engaging. Very welcoming culture and interviews were more of a conversation than a typical Q&A interview. If you're smart, personable and enthusiastic you should do well when interviewing at Barclays.

Interview Questions

• Who has had the biggest impact on you life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The process took about 4 month. Connected with someone in S&T in Nov 2014 and was invited to their on-site event (which sort of was a first round interview). Got 2nd interview invitation in Feb 2015. Superday consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews, all my interviewers tended to focus on behavioral questions. They were all super nice and the process was more like a casual chat.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

I had a 2:1 on campus interview for first round. A bit later, I was invited to a Superday in the NYC office. It was 3 1-on-1 interviews with different MDs. All behavioral.