Barclays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,433 Interview Reviews

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, went through a long assessment, it took at least one hour. I got through this assessment so I was invited for a second assessment which was an online interview. Again took me almost an hour with both technical and behavioral questions. Finally, I got a call to set a phone call two days before so I worked so hard for two days to prepare for the interview but the day of the interview which was at 11 no one called, I waited for more than an hour still nothing I called the HR but no response. I sent an email and didn't get a response yet. For a bank who pretends that it gives importance to values and that it incorporate its values in its day to day business well I would like to say that it's far from being the truth. This is so disrespectful and irresponsable. Actually, it reflects the true image of the bank. I just wanted to share my experience as I don't want other people to have high expectations regarding this bank and get finally

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

very hard and elongated. Had to watch a video which has a very tenuous link to question, could have been quicker if just typed the question out instead of putting it in a role play video. The maths was very difficult as located the information needed to work out the sums was spread across multiple graphs. Also one graph did not have enough information to make sense of the numbers

Interview Questions

• what do you think is the most important aspect of Barclays bank   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Business insight 1, very easy. then business insight 2 which is very hard, its a mix of multiple choice questions and pre-recorded responses. there is a timing pressure, you have to rush the multiple choice questions, and the writing question.

Interview Questions

• they give you an email, and you have to record yourself replying to the email   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The online interview was very difficult. The first four questions were multiple choice questions about verbal. After that, I was asked to answer some questions related to several emails. The last question is always the same: your exprerience from this online interview and how you feel about Barclays.

Interview Questions

• How this assessment process makes you feel you are looking forward to working for Barclays.   Answer Question

Community Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Interview itself was very difficult, Had one call from a representative which was a CV walk through, then a interview over the phone with a Barclays manager which was more in depth. Then a sit down interview with two Barclays managers. The interview was full of different questions and I was complimented by my answer and experience. I came out with lots of good answers and stunned the interviewers. I was confident after the experience, got a call a week later saying that I have been declined and the feedback for each answer explained how I had no real knowledge with dealing with any of the related questions which was rubbish and offensive after they complimented me so much.

Investment Banking Division Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

It consisted of filling up the application form followed by an invitation to take the numerical / strengths test. Following that, there will be a video interview which asks for your responses in various scenarios. The video interview was difficult and their main purpose was to evaluate if you can handle the tasks at the job and find if your values matches with those at Barclays. Failed at this stage

Credit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Three step process that was overly long and tedious. Competency based, with no reflection on your actual abilities. The woman who interviewed me made me uncomfortable and instantly placed the interview to a bad start, no feedback.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

It was the longest interview process I ever went through. I had close to 10 interviews. They were face to face, via telephone, coffee meet and greets and video conferencing. They were global. I met with people in Asia and London. The process took over 3 months.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Nairobi (Kenya)) in September 2013.

Interview

Technical - Here you are expected to do analysis of raw data and then present the results
    Presentation - At this stage you go through the presentation with the head of business unit and his senior managers
    Group panel - you are now taken through the interview to check personality and other overall skills

Interview Questions

• 1. Sometimes things don't turn out as well as we'd like at work. Tell me about a time you made a mistake that affected your work with. How did you react when you realized you had made a mistake and What did you do to put right the mistake? What did you learn from the experience?

2. What have you done in your current role to make sure your work is the best quality, What do you find most difficult or challenging about working to a high standard? What have you done further to improve the quality of your work? What more could you do?
      Answer Question

Trainee Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poole, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Poole, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

it was too long, and has 4 rounds on the same day, which was tiring and the worst part was the aptitude test, which includes 48 questions to complete in just 20 minutes, which is physically impossible.

Interview Questions

• demonstrate with an eg barclays values   1 Answer