Barclays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,437 Interview Reviews

3.1

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Typical interview questions mixed with behavioral and what if scenarios. Met with max 2 people. The process took 2 weeks for offer letter and one week for background and drug test to clear.

Compliance Summer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quite intense but good. The face-face was a presentation on info given a week before the interview. The interview room was very small but not a big deal.
    As long as you had studied the pack intensively it would have been ok.

Interview Questions

• Why not Law   1 Answer
    • What would you prefer to achieve...the bottom line (in any way possible) or ethical practice.   1 Answer
    • How long did it take you to prepare for this interview   Answer Question
    • How did you prep for this interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations I just accepted

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (Chennai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Two rounds at Barclays online career website. A mail from the HR team asking for earliest joining date. Responded quickly within a day of closing the deadline. Good experience inspite of rejection.

Trading Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, the process took more than 2 months. The phone interview is quite easy and the interviewee is very nice. All the questions are behavioral like introducing yourself and why do you want to work here, what do you expect through this summer internship. No technical Questions. The interview takes about 30 minutes followed by the Q&A

Interview Questions

• Q: Among all the interns you did, which one you like most   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then it was followed by a telephone interview and then a panel face to face interview which was fairly straightforward. Interviewers were really nice and very down to earth and I enjoyed it throughout

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't sure about that and it was quite intimidating to be honest and as I was unemployed they had a leverage to take me down on compensation

Spring Week Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays in December 2016.

Interview

one-way interview I had the opportunity to use Barclays' new applicant pre-screening tech for aspring week banking and markets I applied for in december, and interviewed in december. The pre-recorded questions are multi - faceted, which I allowed to throw me off my game.

Higher Apprentice In Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Multiple stages - online application, online questions, telephone interview/virtual, assessment day. Not too challenging, prepare for the interview by researching the values! Assesment day - group exerscise discussing a case study then relaying back to the interviewers, then a presentation about the companies values and vision, finally a one to one interview asking the usual questions in a competency based interview.

Interview Questions

• Of the values which do you feel Barclays must improve on most from your observations   1 Answer

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interviewwas on the phone with two members of the team, it lasted about 30mns. The second interview was in person at their midtwon office and lasted about 2 hours.

Wealth Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The final 1-on-1 'business meeting' was 90 minutes long and was made up of two parts. The first stage was a prepared case study where there had been a technology fault with the online banking app and they wanted to see how you would react and how you would deal with clients' and customers' questions. The second part of the interview was based on both individual and corporate values. The interviewer was very friendly and it was a good process overall.

Interview Questions

• What's more important - bottom line profit or doing the right thing?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barclays (Nairobi (Kenya)) in March 2013.

Interview

It was thorough and eliminated fraudulent applicants from the referees they had that did not exist or academic qualifications that were falsely acquired. The interview progressed even after being hired and some applicants were fired because of an integrity issue.