Barclays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,649 Interview Reviews

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

phone call for first round. One person talking. Asked mostly simple questions, one finance question. No Accounting questions. The first round was only 15 min. Second round was on campus but I did not make it.

Relationship Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

You initial have to apply online, creating a profile on Barclays website. Once you have uploaded a covering letter/CV you’ll the be sent a online situational, numerical and logical test to do.

If you pass, you’ll then have a telephone interview, followed by a face to face with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Look at the competency based questions, on Barclays website.   Answer Question

High Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

It started off with filling out a form, and shortly after I was provided with an online test which I had to fill out. After that I was invited to an interview on HireVue which was all recorded answers to questions, which then led to an assessment centre, where I took part in a group task, a one on one interview and a presentation.

Interview Questions

• How do you believe you embody the Barclays value of stewardship?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The employees that interviewed me were extremely polite and asked relevant questions. They assured me it was okay if I didn't know the answer to something and I knew it wasn't a test to see if I would receive an offer or not. They eased me into the interview and it was more of a conversation, not a rapid fire questioning session.

Interview Questions

• Resume details, leadership experience, explain a conflict/challenge you faced, why Barclays. One technical question, was asked about which three lines I would look at in a financial statement and why.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was very disorganized and disappointing from start to finish. I was contacted in May for a role and was strung along for 4 months, told I was getting an offer, then nothing. I went in for face to face interviews, both of which ended up getting cancelled after I waited for over 40 mins each time. Not to mention, the video technology which they could not get working. I was very disappointed as the leadership seems great to work with and they are willing to invest in technology and people, but happy in the end because this is probably indicative of the overall employee experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions and specifics about your background.   Answer Question

Avt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume in the job posting website of our university. I got an email in a few days about setting and phone screen. I was interviewed one week later. One interview (20 min) about programming and one (35 min) about my research. They are given by different person.

PMO Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview with hiring manager then a follow up face to face with another team member. Straight forward conversations to understand the role on my part and for them to understand my experience and capabilities on theirs.

Interview Questions

• Give me more insight into your time at your former Barclays job.   Answer Question

Transition From Military Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knutsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Knutsford, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

A cv and interview skills session followed by 2 interviews with department/hiring managers.

Easy interview was with a different person, on concentrating on a technical area of the company (your choice) and the other on ethics, standards and personal experiences.

Good practice using STAR technique in the interviews and was put under medium pressure (although I do talk naturally, to anyone, in almost any circumstance).

From the interviews, a referral to another manager has led to ongoing dialogue. A good way to put a face to a name/CV and break down the HR hiring hurdle of standing out. Still had to apply formally, but it helps me find out more about the areas I want to work in and helps the company identify where you might fit best.

This was carried out 6 months in advance of me being available to seek new work, and I am awaiting the outcome. Very positive experience and the company/site is very attractive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when your personal standards were put to the test and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Vol Quant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

2 rounds of tele-interview and a data programming interview. The interviewers were extremely helpful throughout the process. They constantly guided you on the solutions. Also, you are expected to think out loud in order to make your ideation process clear to the interviewrs.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays in November 2016.

Interview

Initially there was an online application with a few questions and then a video situational and numerical assessment followed by a video interview. In addition the next steps included an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Analyze the given graph and regulations and suggest in a report what is the best strategy.   Answer Question