Barclays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,471 Interview Reviews

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. On the day of the interview, dress appropriately and arrive early, calm and mentally prepared. And, most importantly, don’t forget to relax and be yourself.

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

1 30 minute phone interview, behavioral and fit questions (1st round); 3 30 minute interviews with managers, behavioral questions but also technical questions about markets, bonds, etc. - a basic understanding of finance and financial markets should suffice (Final Round)

Interview Questions

• How do you think Trump's presidency will affect financial markets ?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Two sets of online tests, a phone call interview and an assessment centre. The phone call and one interview at the AC were competency based, everything else was focused on a case study.

Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

I applied through the college career website and received an email for the phone interview. He first asked me to walk through my resume and some questions followed up about my resume. We also talked about the finance and accounting classes that I have taken.It was not a tough interview.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on campus and had a first round interview after a reception the night before. Really nice people, and asked pretty basic technical questions, though the behavioral questions were more varied than other banks. One question involved a series of questions about a hypothetical startup, presented to me as if I was a potential investor, to determine if it was something one should invest in. Then there was a comparison of a tech company and a paper company, and how the cash flows, valuation multiples, and debt ratios would vary between them.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Online assessment, one numerical part and one ethics part. Numerical part included math problems with graphs and table computing percent increase etc. It was all done online with video and interactive responses

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Around 3 weeks after submitting the application and was invited to a skype interview with two interviewers. Started with basic questions, then moved on to more technical ones. Interviewers were generally friendly, and both of the interviews had similar questions. Technicals are not too hard, though interviewing through Skype is a bit more stressful than through phone.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in October 2016.

Interview

First round phone screening by an analyst. Then had a on-campus one-on-one interview but didn't get into the superday. The process took around 2 weeks. The questions are pretty standard for investment banking. Nothing surprising.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website. Received an email for interview for the same day. The interviewer was really nice, smart, and spoke very fast. Questions are mainly concerned with previous experience on my resume, for example, most important take-aways from your course listed, and what I did in my previous internships. It was really a pleasant experience, but I didn't get a follow-up.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Sent me a rejection email monday following the interview that I did not get it. The recruiter did not even have my name on the email and the formatting was completely wrong. Shocks me how such a large institution that emphasizes "respect for others," shows no respect for a potential candidate. Please train your hr staff.

Interview Questions

• How would you invest 1,000,000
      why barclays