Barclays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,818 Interview Reviews

3.1

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

First round and Final round done at Barclays; very few technicals but more about your general opinions on financial markets; know about past financial crisis and how elections/major news events affect the markets --> have a major reason what has driven you to have an interest in financial markets

Interview Questions

• My thoughts on the financial crisis; if we should have let the banks fail   1 Answer

Emerging Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I had applied online about a 1 month ago, got an online video interview. I was asked situational question and some technical question. After that I haven't got any reply.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

first round was in person. they flew me down to the on site location.
    One superday expeirnce with half hour each of HR and technical interview. very professional and quite easy questions
    hr was general behavioral. technical interview comprised on coding questions.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was very disorganized and disappointing from start to finish. I was contacted in May for a role and was strung along for 4 months, told I was getting an offer, then nothing. I went in for face to face interviews, both of which ended up getting cancelled after I waited for over 40 mins each time. Not to mention, the video technology which they could not get working. I was very disappointed as the leadership seems great to work with and they are willing to invest in technology and people, but happy in the end because this is probably indicative of the overall employee experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions and specifics about your background.   Answer Question

Vol Quant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

2 rounds of tele-interview and a data programming interview. The interviewers were extremely helpful throughout the process. They constantly guided you on the solutions. Also, you are expected to think out loud in order to make your ideation process clear to the interviewrs.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The employees that interviewed me were extremely polite and asked relevant questions. They assured me it was okay if I didn't know the answer to something and I knew it wasn't a test to see if I would receive an offer or not. They eased me into the interview and it was more of a conversation, not a rapid fire questioning session.

Interview Questions

• Resume details, leadership experience, explain a conflict/challenge you faced, why Barclays. One technical question, was asked about which three lines I would look at in a financial statement and why.   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I had networked before with some students from my school alumni, and attended a networking event. This resulted in some referrals, and I was able to land the first round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've worked in a team, and someone wasn't cooperating. How did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Didn't do first round phone interview, just did superday, recruiter contacted me, the people who interviewed me were nice, more behavioral than I expected but definitely keep up with the markets

Interview Questions

• If you were given the choice of receiving $1,000 today or a year from today, which would you choose and why?   Answer Question
    • What is happening in the markets?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews; one in-person with a young analyst; both with graduates from my college; the first was easy, fit-based questions, the second was more technical but nothing extremely complex or mathematical

Emerging Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

It was all through a video log application and it wasn't like talking to another human but rather just a question came up on the screen and you had to record your response.

Interview Questions

• They gave a case study and you had to analyze the way to go through it and what decisions you would take   Answer Question