Barclays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,457 Interview Reviews

3.1

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers. My confirmation email said it would take one hour, but it actually took two. It was a good interview and the managers really made me feel comfortable doing the process. I thought i interviewed well but I guess not since I did not get the job.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

4 rounds - with 4 VPs across different divisions in infrastructure, about 30 mins long. Sit with 5 people all are cycling through the interviewers. Heard back the next day. They're known for quick turnaround for their grad program.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

It was very quick and consisted of two rounds in 5 days. First round was 30min with one person, second round was a two hour process with 4 different interviewers. I would recommend looking at the Vault guide or Wall Street Oasis for tips on handling the technical finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Why investment banking?
      Why our group?
      Walk me through a DCF.
      If depreciation goes up 10, how does that flow through the 3 financial statements?

Employee Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process itself was fine. However they never got back to me even after repeated follow up. I found it extremely unprofessional. I had to come into the office on 4 separate occasions. They didn't seem very organized.

Stress Testing Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (Wilmington, DE) in March 2016.

Interview

Hr will come down to pick up. There will be 5 hiring managers each with at least half an hour. review previous working experience; lots of behavior questions; modeling skills

Interview Questions

• review previous working experience; lots of behavior questions; modeling skills   Answer Question

Summer Early Insight Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application which consisted of resume submission, personal essay as to why I wanted the position, and how I would be a great part of the sophomore internship program. Then a few weeks after the submission, I got an email for a phone interview and did the phone interview the next day. Overall positive experience, not too my technical questions just really wanted to see if I know what Investment banking was and had to talk about myself.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the economy heading?
      Walk me through a DCF?

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus recruiting, 2 rounds on campus

Firm came on campus in early spring semester, followed by 2 weeks of preparation before resume drops (words cannot street how beneficial talking to people at the firm / networking is, however terrible it may be at the time is). First round on campus interviews (1 half hour interview) a week later, followed by final round on campus (1 hour interview with 2 senior people) a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard from summer analyst (intern) through 3rd year analyst/associate level (you might have some wiggle room on your bonus but that's a slippery slope)

Trade Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Easy, three step process. They mostly wanted to know your background and try to feel your personality so you would be a good fit with the group you're surrounded with.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the Dodd- Frank rule?
      Do you know how to use pivot tables, plookups, hlookups?

Surveillance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Went on three interviews with various managers and supervisors. Contact by HR to discuss start date and compensation for contracted role. Agreed on everything, then a few days before scheduled start date, they pulled the offer to give to internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with today's surveillance environment   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with an on campus interview, followed by another phone interview and eventually a Superday in NYC. Superday was only one 30 minute interview, very behavioral with almost no technical questions. Everybody was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What is the price of oil? Why do you want this position? Why Barclays?   Answer Question