Barclays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017
1,650 Interview Reviews

3.1

Interview

1 round phone, 1 superday, very smooth but also very competitive..
    Questions about data structures, derivative pricing, brain teasers, etc.
    Questions include:
    How to sort a list?
    What's the advantage of Monte Carlo over using Black-Scholes?
    What data structures have you used?
    Behavioral questions are also asked but relatively rare.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the HK office. First round was two Skype interviews, with one associate and one first-year analyst. Questions were mainly about resume, with a bit of easy tech and strengths/weakness. They also test your language ability, like mandarin or canto. Second round was one Skype interview with an AVP, very technical. Final round was in NY, still waiting for the result.

Avt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Asked about Data structure, probability, runtime analysis, and Java specific questions. I think they are really looking for people with great skills coming up with efficient and fast algorithms to automate the trade process. The probability and statistics sections were also really detailed so make sure you know the basic terms

Compliance Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. I interviewed the week before thanksgiving, received the call in December.One telephone interview, then superday in their New York office. Interviewers were really friendly, two directors and one vice president. Lots of behavioral questions to detect your personality. The day ended with an analyst panel hosted by pervious interns, now in the grad program.

Interview Questions

• What's the most recent compliance issue I read and describe in detail.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied via my starr search from my college and was waiting for few weeks to get a phone interview scheduled.

After the phone interview, it took 2 more weeks and I was invited for super day at the headquarters. Usual procedure with 3 interviews, 30 minutes each. Mostly behavioral questions and few technical.

Interview Questions

• Why are you going to be a good fit for our summer program?   1 Answer

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply through University and referral from an employee. First round phone interview with director. The interview was behavioral. Didn't get to superday. I heard that the superday was basically case interview and brain teasers.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

submitted my resume online, after two or three weeks, received an email from the recruiter and set up an initial phone interview. Asked general questions in financial math, and in the end he invited me to on-site, but after three weeks, they told me they would pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Monte Carlo simulation, binary tree, forward price, etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. On the day of the interview, dress appropriately and arrive early, calm and mentally prepared. And, most importantly, don’t forget to relax and be yourself.

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

1 30 minute phone interview, behavioral and fit questions (1st round); 3 30 minute interviews with managers, behavioral questions but also technical questions about markets, bonds, etc. - a basic understanding of finance and financial markets should suffice (Final Round)

Interview Questions

• How do you think Trump's presidency will affect financial markets ?   Answer Question

Loan Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Newark, DE) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard. Hiring/HR was a nightmare. After signing and returning my offer letter, they asked me for a start date. I gave them an "I can start as early as ___" and had to chase on my email 3 times and then go directly to the person who interviewed me before I finally got even an acknowledgement.

Interview Questions

• What type of analytical skills do you have?   1 Answer