Barclays Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New Haven, CT) in September 2013.

Interview

On campus interviewing. 2 interviews, first round on the phone, second round in person.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First round phone interview, and then final round super day interview at the office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was the culminating part of the Global Markets boot camp offered for diversity candidates. I had three interviews on the third day with two MDs and one director from LevFin, Consumer, and Industrials. Each were strictly 30 mins and involved a mix of fit and technical questions. The LevFin MD had an intensive CBA background, so he was posed more technical questions, whereas the other two interviewers posed more leadership/teamwork questions (coming from a target liberal arts school, I was underprepared for the technical questions).

Interview Questions

• In an LBO, how would we reflect the underwriting of debt on the balance sheet, income statement, and DCF?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

The first round is a phone call interview and the recruiters will vet you for financial technical competency and also company fit. I cannot stress enough how important it is to be clear and concise and also avoid being too wordy in your responses. Don't rush through calculations, take your time and walk them through it. Be sure to have an idea of questions to ask them once the call ends

Interview Questions

• Standard Technical questions were asked and also a lot of industry specific questions and valuation methodologies. Know the DCF inside and out and learn the relevant valuation multiples for whatever industry group you get into   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

The superday consists of three interviews. They were mostly fit so be prepared to talk about yourself, and tell your story. A couple of technical questions, such as the effect of issuing bonds on the three financial statements, the effect of depreciation expense on the three statements, etc. Also be very prepared to talk about what is going on in the global economy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that is not on your resume   1 Answer

Offer from another firm.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

The interview was done on campus and was pretty standard. There was a mix of technical and fit questions. Everyone conducting interviews was friendly, and it was overall a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Went through one superday. Four 30-minute interviews, each with a senior member of IBD. Asked me a broad range of questions, both technical and not. Primary focus was on my experience and "fit".

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a challenge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus career website. I received an offer to interview a few days later. First round interview was done through the phone in which they asked me pretty basic questions. Not too technical, as it was mostly behavioral. Make sure you know what Barclays stands for and how they are trying to improve their business after having suffered some major setbacks due to some controversies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment in which you had a conflict with a co-worker or peer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

1st round was a phone call that was focused on behavioral questions. 2nd round was a super day (multiple interviews in one day) that was a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First round of interviews were over the phone. Two week later I was invited to participate in super day in their New York City headquarters. The super day included roughly 4 interviews at 30-45 min each.