Barclays Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied via my starr search from my college and was waiting for few weeks to get a phone interview scheduled.

After the phone interview, it took 2 more weeks and I was invited for super day at the headquarters. Usual procedure with 3 interviews, 30 minutes each. Mostly behavioral questions and few technical.

Interview Questions

• Why are you going to be a good fit for our summer program?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Had a first round on the phone - it was mostly behavioral with only one or two technical questions thrown in there. It mostly focused on resume walkthrough, why IBD, why Barclays, etc. Definitely an easy interview all things considered with a very intelligent young man. Did not hear back, but I'm assuming they found other candidates they enjoyed more.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I was notified in January of an in-office superday. Had three consecutive interviews over the course of an hour and a half, and heard back a few days later. Each interviewer was an MD and incredibly warm- the process felt comfortable and inviting all along the way, definitely an all around positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews, each lasting 30 minutes. I spoke with 3 MDs. They were all great and I enjoyed speaking with them. None of the questions they asked were unexpected. As long as you read the investment banking guides you will be set. Make sure you can speak about yourself and your past internships, and the global markets.

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online after doing an informational session at the office. The interview was pretty fair. They asked a lot of fit questions in the first interview and valuation questions in the last one. The second interview had a hard quantitative brain teaser type problem. I was asked to create an equation on the spot.

Overall, the analysts I spoke to were very helpful and everyone was supportive.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person. Very nice people. Spoke with multiple analysts and higher level people. All seemed to really enjoy their work and were very helpful. Would recommend.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barclays in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview consisted of mostly expected questions, with some questions meant to tease a deeper response out of your original answer. Others who interviewed with that person had similar comments about their experience.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF.
      What is something that you've read in the news that is not crisis related?
      Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied for interview through corporate site, and had an interview the next week. (Phone interview) Advanced to the final round in NYC and will have that round tomorrow, will update once I experience it.

Interview Questions

• I saw you worked at another XX (Bulge Bracket Firm), why come to Barclays?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Contacted in December to take phone interview, coming from non target university. Interview on phone lasted for 45mins-50mins. Superday was the following week. Surprisingly, my phone interview was with the VP of the IB which was always a plus. Unfortunately, I got another offer and went with that one instead.

Interview Questions

• All relevant fit questions were asked: 3 Strengths and Weaknesses? Why investment banking? Walk me through your resume?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays in November 2014.

Interview

Two thirty minute interviews back-to-back. Both had a mix of technical and behavioral questions. Both went pretty well, and both interviewers seemed very friendly. None of the questions were particularly difficult, but they did make sure you know you're stuff. Be ready for follow-up questions about any terms or numbers you toss out.

Interview Questions

• Pitch me a stock? and asked to analyze whether an acquisition was accretive/dilutive to a company's EPS.   Answer Question