Barclays Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Barclays Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions in New York, NY

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied via my starr search from my college and was waiting for few weeks to get a phone interview scheduled.

After the phone interview, it took 2 more weeks and I was invited for super day at the headquarters. Usual procedure with 3 interviews, 30 minutes each. Mostly behavioral questions and few technical.

Interview Questions

• Why are you going to be a good fit for our summer program?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I was notified in January of an in-office superday. Had three consecutive interviews over the course of an hour and a half, and heard back a few days later. Each interviewer was an MD and incredibly warm- the process felt comfortable and inviting all along the way, definitely an all around positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews, each lasting 30 minutes. I spoke with 3 MDs. They were all great and I enjoyed speaking with them. None of the questions they asked were unexpected. As long as you read the investment banking guides you will be set. Make sure you can speak about yourself and your past internships, and the global markets.

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online after doing an informational session at the office. The interview was pretty fair. They asked a lot of fit questions in the first interview and valuation questions in the last one. The second interview had a hard quantitative brain teaser type problem. I was asked to create an equation on the spot.

Overall, the analysts I spoke to were very helpful and everyone was supportive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Contacted in December to take phone interview, coming from non target university. Interview on phone lasted for 45mins-50mins. Superday was the following week. Surprisingly, my phone interview was with the VP of the IB which was always a plus. Unfortunately, I got another offer and went with that one instead.

Interview Questions

• All relevant fit questions were asked: 3 Strengths and Weaknesses? Why investment banking? Walk me through your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

A super day, 3 interviews. Met with a managing director, a vice president and an associate. All from the product side. Heard back after a week or so. Great experience over all. The interviewers were laid back and it seemed like a collegial and supportive environment to work at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Typical on-campus recruiting process. I attended a lot of networking events and reached out to a lot of analysts and associates during the fall semester to get a first round interview. Networking is really important at Barclays, as well as being genuine and humble. Make sure to attend the reception dinner the day before to meet the VPs who will potentially be interviewing you. The on-campus interview was pretty standard. No really trick questions. The interview was about trying to find a good fit. My interview happened to be more behavioral than technical, though that isn't always the case.

Interview Questions

• Why would a company choose to use equity over debt in an acquisition?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I was invited up to Barclays for the Diversity bootcamp, which is a 3 day program in which you learn about both Investment Banking and Sales & Trading. On the last day, I had a super day, where I met with 3 different MDs for 30min each. The first two interviews were behavioral and the third was technical but the technicals were markets-focused and seemed to test whether I keep up with the news and understand the basics of financial markets.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Very efficient process, first round interview took place on campus and mostly consisted of behavioral questions. Second round at the office, and consisted of 3 interviews. There were basic technical questions and a few more advanced technical questions specific to my previous work experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

There are generally 2 rounds of interviews. The first is a single 30 minute interview. The second round is at least 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. These focus on a mix of technical questions and fit questions. The firm is keen on those who understand the culture and want to be there.

Interview Questions

• Most Important: Why Barclays?   1 Answer