Barclays Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor

Barclays Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ

2.5

Web Portal Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

3 step interview process; was very nice to meet the team. Asked about my likes and dislikes in working in an professional environment. vey friendly, multi cultural environment ............ ....... ........ ........ ........... ........

Interview Questions

• How many Starbucks in New York city?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate much

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with three managers and a director one afternoon, about 30-45min each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

AVP- Senior J2EE Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed for Barclays Capital - Compliance project in the 3rd week of April, 2011 via phone. Phone interview went well and then my recruiter told me that i need to go for in-person interview at Jersey City office at 9:00 AM EST. I reached on time but have to wait for 30 minutes for the hiring manager. While hiring manager was talking to me-he got another call that another candidate is waiting outside. Hiring manager asked me to sit down there and moved to bring in another interview candidate. In the meanwhile some folks came in and told me that i need to leave the interview room as it's been taken by somebody else. This place and the team is very much dis-organized as i can make out. I had to meet 3 persons in-person in the office and the fourth one over the Video conferencing over London. The second interviewer was not there in the office so he took my interview over the phone. Till now both my interviews were going really well.
    I was told by the recruiter that by 11:00 AM all the interviews will be done but only two got finished by 11:15 AM. I need to call my office as i have taken only half day off.
    For the third interview, via Video conference, we keep on searching for the video conferencing room for 10-15 minutes. Later got into an un-reserved room where Video conferencing was not working. The guy who was suppose to interview me from London, UK was getting mad by this time. Finally he also interviewed me via phone. He was getting upset very easily as he has to wait almost 1.5 hours due to mis-management. This interview which was optional didn't went that well.
    Finally my last interview started at 12:20 PM and ended by 1:15 PM. This was by some random guy who happens to be friend of hiring manager. This random guy was not knowing anything about the project. Infact it seems that he is preparing himself for some interview. None of this questions were required for any level of Java/J2EE interview. Later he told me where the team sits.
    I left by 1:30 PM EST as opposed to 11:00 AM EST - almost a delay of 2.5 hours. Feeling very dis-satisfied that i wasted my half day where interviewers have no clue what they are doing and what they are looking from the future employee. After 1.5 weeks i come to know from my recruiter that i am still on hold - i am one of the possible candidates. I followed with the hiring manager after another 1 week-got the same response. Till now there is no feedback - i wasted close to 5 hours in interviews and overall 2.5 hours in commute-what a waste.
    Barclays after taking over some part of Lehman Brothers is very dis-organized, mis-managed and vague company it seems.
    It seems all the jobs are fixed or they are trying to show off that they are calling candidates for the interviews. Good amount of Recruiters in tri-state area is not taking any Barclays positions seriously. What a waste.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me what all technical issues you encountered in one of the recent projects and how you handled that?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

easy and a cake walk for any individual with minimum of knoeledge. ANyone taking your interview is below average.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question: Explain embedded question lemma   Answer Question

Negotiation

tedious

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

30 mins Tech interview and 30 mins general conversation

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

Very Technical - asked abt SQL, ETL ,Scripting, business domain knowledge, financial knowledge etc...looking for a tech guy who can do the job in given time.Very Professional and tough technical questions

Interview Questions

• SQL Question
      ETL questions
      Unix Questions
      General Questions
      Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview at Barclays Wealth is the most disgusting interview I have ever experienced in my entire 10 year career in the tech industry. It was such an harrasing experience that I am never ever gonna apply to Barclays again.
    I was scheduled for a 1-1 phone interview with 3 different people for half hour each. First, the hiring manager called up. He was nice and friendly. He did not ask any technical stuff. He was primarily interested in getting an idea about what I worked on, what kind of complex work have I handled etc. It lasted for about 20-25 min. After it was over, a 2nd guy calls up after like 15 min. I think he was a developer. He was Indian(I must mention here that I am also an Indian). His communication skill was so poor and pathetic. He was showing off attitude the moment he started speaking. He was rude. His conversation was so egoistic, it seemed as if he was considering himself the CEO of the company ( CEOs are more friendly that this bugger ). His questions were so vague and over-broad. I did not think he was qualified enough to interview anyone. After I tried to give specific answer to his vague first question, he was not even ready to listen to me or discuss the answer with me. That very moment, I lost my interest in continuing the discussion, I felt like I was wasting my time. He then continued with his 2nd stupid question and I did not feel like answering his vague question. It continued for like 5 minutes, and he hang up the phone. I felt so offended.
    I think Barclays should raise their bar about the kind of people they bring into their interview panel. Rude and ill-mannered people in the interview panel reflects poorly on the company's work culture.

Interview Questions

• If there are 2 servlets up and running, how do you communicate between those 2 servlets ?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

Recruiter set up the interview, interviewer was late but I had the opportunity to observe the working conditions etc... it was clear that there was very few people over 35 at their office. The interview was ver cordial but the recruriter the next day called and after telling me that I didn't get the position asked my age.
    I told him and then I told him my observations which he agreed was most likely the real reason. Bottom line to me is if you are older than 30-35 don't take the trip to Jersey City.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here?   1 Answer