Barclays Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

304 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Crisp, professional, friendly. The recruiter was bright and supportive, the HR and hiring managers were all very pleasant and interested. The materials I was sent made me excited to join. I found the interview process and the omboarding process very slick - a well oiled machine. They are a bank, they do a huge amount of hiring.

Community Banker - Moments Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online using the online job search and then i was called up about an interview then i had to accept the offer online and choose a date and time in which i wanted to attend the interview.

Community Banker - Essential Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Online Assessments, pretty self explanatory slightly confusing sometimes, some places accepted, some didnt. Friendly interview, the interviewer changes jargon into everyday question. One person asking questions one person scribing.

Contractor Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

A reasonable process, with a face to face interview. They decided they didn't want to fill the role after bringing in three people for interview. - A shower of brownstuff -

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very structured and very friendly, interviewee is aware of topics to be covered and is given a pack of instructions and guidance on how to be prepared for interview properly

Interview Questions

• mostly about how tasks has been done and what the challenges were, and how did interviewee overcome it   1 Answer

Negotiation

very reasonable, they seem very understanding for all circumstances and motivations and provided good options to help

Community Banker - Essential Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

-Online situational judgement test and basic numerical test
    -Face-to-face interview (assessed against Barclays' values/the job profile)
    -Meet & Greet interview (informal, get to know the team on a personal level)
    -Employment offer (for those who are successful during the interview phase)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you have effectively collaborated with others   Answer Question

Private Banking Executive Interview

Application

Interview

After applying for roles for 7 months I finally managed to pass the online assessment in June 2017. I was delighted to hear from an in-house Barclays recruitment consultant to congratulate me on successfully passing the online assessment and if we could arrange a time/date for a telephone interview. The telephone interview went well and I was informed that I'd passed that stage too and that I'd hear within the next 2 weeks when I would be granted the opportunity for a face to face interview. 2 weeks went by and I still had not heard anything until week 3 when I received an email to say that I would not be offered a position in the company and if I wanted feedback then I could contact the resourcing helpdesk. I phoned into the resourcing helpdesk who had informed me that the reason why my application was not progressed was because of a poor online assessment result which they then sent me a copy of. The online assessment they sent me was an old one dated back to February 2017 which means that they based their decision on an old online assessment and not on the most recent one I did in June 2017 which reflected a positive result. I feel like my application was treated unfairly and I was disadvantaged due to my most recent online assessment not taken into full consideration. My questions to Barclays:
    1.) If you based your decision on an old online assessment, why would your resourcing consultant contact me about the roll I applied for to inform me that I passed my assessment and that I could progress to the next level?
    2.) Based on my conversation with said resourcing consultant, I'm certain that I did well in my June 2017 assessment and would like clarity as to why that assessment was not used to make an informed decision.
    3.) Could this have been an error that you accidentally used the incorrect online assessment?

Barclays has always been a dream of mine and I can't express enough how disappointed I am in how my interview process was handled.

Interview Questions

• I didn't make it to the face-to-face interview therefore no interview questions to share. The telephone interview just covered salary expectations, work eligibility and previous work experience   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contracting at the time so knew the marketing team and the hiring manager for the position. I approached him mentioning I was interested in the role for Marketing Manager. I sent him my CV and he said he would like to take me to the next stage.

He put me in touch with HR immediately whereby I had to carry out the formal application via the internal Job Board. I was notified two days later that I would be interviewed. We organised an interview two weeks after that.

Within the interview, I was initially asked about my experience, where I see myself going with my career and why I may want the role. I was then asked 5 'competency based questions' which spanned over different topics such as 'leadership' and how I have dealt with risk etc.

I was short listed for the position, however I was unfortunately unsuccessful. The hiring manager took the time to sit me down and explain why the case may be (someone else had slightly more experience in the different channels of marketing within the bank), where I did well in the interview and what I could potentially improve on. This was really positive and helpful.

All in all, it was a good experience, apart from the fact I was unfortunate in not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to deal with risk in the workplace. What was the risk? How did you overcome and mitigate this risk? Did it teach you anything about how you may act in the future?   1 Answer

Transformation Manager Interview

Application

Interview

First stage is online testing - situational awareness, numerical and verbal reasoning. Situational awareness are all linked to their values and processes rather than standard business behaviour. From watching this i figured out pretty quickly that their corporate culture wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Situational Awareness questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

1:1 chat with the hiring manager about organisational structure, day-to-day responsibilities of role, education, relevant background/experience, and detailed discussion around at least one model of choice. Quite a relaxed interview overall.