Barclays Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.4

146 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Contractor Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

A reasonable process, with a face to face interview. They decided they didn't want to fill the role after bringing in three people for interview. - A shower of brownstuff -

Private Banking Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying for roles for 7 months I finally managed to pass the online assessment in June 2017. I was delighted to hear from an in-house Barclays recruitment consultant to congratulate me on successfully passing the online assessment and if we could arrange a time/date for a telephone interview. The telephone interview went well and I was informed that I'd passed that stage too and that I'd hear within the next 2 weeks when I would be granted the opportunity for a face to face interview. 2 weeks went by and I still had not heard anything until week 3 when I received an email to say that I would not be offered a position in the company and if I wanted feedback then I could contact the resourcing helpdesk. I phoned into the resourcing helpdesk who had informed me that the reason why my application was not progressed was because of a poor online assessment result which they then sent me a copy of. The online assessment they sent me was an old one dated back to February 2017 which means that they based their decision on an old online assessment and not on the most recent one I did in June 2017 which reflected a positive result. I feel like my application was treated unfairly and I was disadvantaged due to my most recent online assessment not taken into full consideration. My questions to Barclays:
    1.) If you based your decision on an old online assessment, why would your resourcing consultant contact me about the roll I applied for to inform me that I passed my assessment and that I could progress to the next level?
    2.) Based on my conversation with said resourcing consultant, I'm certain that I did well in my June 2017 assessment and would like clarity as to why that assessment was not used to make an informed decision.
    3.) Could this have been an error that you accidentally used the incorrect online assessment?

Barclays has always been a dream of mine and I can't express enough how disappointed I am in how my interview process was handled.

Interview Questions

• I didn't make it to the face-to-face interview therefore no interview questions to share. The telephone interview just covered salary expectations, work eligibility and previous work experience   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contracting at the time so knew the marketing team and the hiring manager for the position. I approached him mentioning I was interested in the role for Marketing Manager. I sent him my CV and he said he would like to take me to the next stage.

He put me in touch with HR immediately whereby I had to carry out the formal application via the internal Job Board. I was notified two days later that I would be interviewed. We organised an interview two weeks after that.

Within the interview, I was initially asked about my experience, where I see myself going with my career and why I may want the role. I was then asked 5 'competency based questions' which spanned over different topics such as 'leadership' and how I have dealt with risk etc.

I was short listed for the position, however I was unfortunately unsuccessful. The hiring manager took the time to sit me down and explain why the case may be (someone else had slightly more experience in the different channels of marketing within the bank), where I did well in the interview and what I could potentially improve on. This was really positive and helpful.

All in all, it was a good experience, apart from the fact I was unfortunate in not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to deal with risk in the workplace. What was the risk? How did you overcome and mitigate this risk? Did it teach you anything about how you may act in the future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

1:1 chat with the hiring manager about organisational structure, day-to-day responsibilities of role, education, relevant background/experience, and detailed discussion around at least one model of choice. Quite a relaxed interview overall.

Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Head hunted by Barclays internal recruitment team, quickly given a phone interview and then offered face to face which went well.

They did however keep suggesting I was too experienced for the role and that they were worried I would get bored which was not at all the case.

I was not offered the role and it took me two weeks to find this out. The recruitment team at Barclays were terrible at getting back to me and threw me aside as soon as I was no longer in the running for this role. They told me (after multiple times trying to get in touch) that the hiring manager said I would have been better suited in a more senior position, and that they would endeavour to find me one.

I have not heard anything back since and found the recruitment team quite disorganised. However, I found the office and hiring manager very amicable and professional. The offices were beautifully decorated and everyone was very smart and personable.

Interview Questions

• 'Are you sure you won't get bored working for us, we're worried you're too experienced?'   1 Answer

Community Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

After passing the online test, I was asked to attend a face-to-face interview. When I got there, I was turned away by them, because my bank statement (that I used as proof of adress) hadn't been posted to me and I had got it from a branch instead (Of course my address was written on it!) At this point, I want to mention that in the instruction given prior to the interview it stated that a system generated bank statement can be used as proof of address. No interview. On my way home, I received a phone call informing me that I need to reschedule my interview since it never happened as THE HIRING MANAGER WASN'T THERE ON THAT DAY. I told them why I was told I couldn't get interviewed and that I'll need a few days before I receive my bank statement. After a few days (when I got my statement) I called their recruitment helpdesk and asked for another interview. They told me someone will contact me in the next 48 hours. They never did. Thankfully, I got another job.

Community Banker Interview

Application

Interview

After passing the online test, I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview. When I got there, I was turned away by them because the bank statement I used as proof of address(which did state my address) hadn't been posted to me and instead I had got it from a branch. At this point, I want to mention that in the instructions I was sent before the interview it stated that a system generated bank statement can be used as proof of address. On my way home I received a call from a lady who said I should reschedule my interview as the HIRING MANAGER WASN'T THERE ON THAT DAY and my interview couldn't be done. I was left speechless, but I told her that I should wait for a bank statement to be posted to me (at the moment didn't know how long it would take) and then reschedule. When I received my statement, I contacted the recruitment helpdesk and they said they'll get back to me in 48hours. Never heard of them. Thankfully, I got another job.

Apr 6, 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Really sorry to hear about your experience, I can only apologise for what appears to be human error on this occasion.
    I really hope this occasion does not prevent you from looking at future... More

Business Manager (Vice President) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial contact with HR then telephone interview with the team lead based in NY, apart from the interview starting with 40 minute delay, good interview. Then came the face to face interview with a peer which was absolutely awful (unnecessary aggression, interruption, and just generally horrible), and the final interview with a very senior business partner who was also lovely however, my entire experience was tainted by horrid lady that I had to tell him I wouldn't accept the role if it interacts with her!

Interview Questions

• Examples of how I supported previous company in my capacity as a Business Manager to be the voice of business area supported and drive change   Answer Question

Apr 18, 2017 – Head of Resourcing

It is disappointing to read your comments and I would like to apologise for your experience. We aim to ensure that all our colleagues who are involved in our selection processes are able to offer an... More

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had standard bank online tests before getting a phone call and then invited to an onsite interview. The onsite had a mixture of maths and coding tests, with motivation questions. There was emphasis on good solid knowledge, especially with numerical methods and statistics. The HR team was super nice and helpful, a lot of feedback was provided after the day, it was a great learning experience!

Interview Questions

Barclays Response

Mar 24, 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Thanks for your positive feedback.
    Great to hear that the personal feedback you had has been valuable. We aim to provide feedback to candidates and would always encourage them to seek it.
    Best... More

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, went through a long assessment, it took at least one hour. I got through this assessment so I was invited for a second assessment which was an online interview. Again took me almost an hour with both technical and behavioral questions. Finally, I got a call to set a phone call two days before so I worked so hard for two days to prepare for the interview but the day of the interview which was at 11 no one called, I waited for more than an hour still nothing I called the HR but no response. I sent an email and didn't get a response yet. For a bank who pretends that it gives importance to values and that it incorporate its values in its day to day business well I would like to say that it's far from being the truth. This is so disrespectful and irresponsable. Actually, it reflects the true image of the bank. I just wanted to share my experience as I don't want other people to have high expectations regarding this bank and get finally