Barclays Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

376 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Scheme Treasury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Regarding the online assessment stage.

Not trivial and pretty difficult and will take an hour in total with practice questions. Practice questions are much easier than the real thing. Make sure you can do simple maths quickly and I would advise doing all sums in Excel as you can reuse all the data easily for each question.

However very impressed with the quality and attention to feedback. Having not passed this stage I still received a feedback report highlighting my strengths and weaknesses. Barclays setting the bar high with this.

Interview Questions

• Based on the video just watched, rank in order your most likely response to x situation from most to least.   Answer Question
    • Based on the video and the 4 graphs/tables, which exchange rate has decreased against the dollar most since 2015.   Answer Question

AVP-Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I would recommend you ask if you are up against any internal candidates first as they almost always get the role. This has happened three times now - poor candidate experience from Barclays.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Process took 1 month. A video interview consisting of 3 parts. 1) Strength based questions 2) Writing 3) MCQ on business values. Final round interviews for their Summer Analyst Positions are done on the last day of the Spring Week.

Interview Questions

• Write an email to an executive you met at a networking event to follow up on your conversation. (1-2 minute time limit)   Answer Question

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

was straight forward about experience mainly asking about my work I did and how it relate to the job i did. What I can bring what I can learn and they explained a lot of information about the team.

Interview Questions

• go through your cv, how it is relevant to the role, strengths and negatives   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

It was an online interview, including some multi-choice questions and free-response questions which I need to talk in front of the camera. It is for the first-year student without any experience in the finance area, so most are general questions.

Interview Questions

• Some scenarios that I might encounter during Spring Week.   Answer Question

Spring Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online with the usual CV / filling out of personal details. Was immediately (probably an automatic thing) invited for a video interview and given 5 working days. It was quite unusual because you are mainly assessed by an algorithm, and so I am not sure how much the things I said mattered, compared to my range of vocabulary facial expressions

Essential Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

applied online with the application provided, followed by completing 2 tests - situational and verbal reasoning. Was then contacted afterwards for a face to face interview. Questions were based on the grid they send you to prepare for the interview. Make sure you revise those with examples.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Technology Spring Week Interview

Application

Interview

applied online. after submission a email about an online interview was sent automatically.
    the interview was via hirevue. the interview consists of a pre-recorded video interview and some situational judgement questions.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Video Interview, approximately 35 minutes. Few situation judgment test questions, few competency questions about how you would behave in a given situation and write one letter to your colleague.

Spring Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

It contains 3-4 general questions,5-6 situational judgement and 2 email-writing questions. You have 1-2 minutes to prepare before each question. And you can also practice several questions before the assessment.