Barclays Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

1:1 chat with the hiring manager about organisational structure, day-to-day responsibilities of role, education, relevant background/experience, and detailed discussion around at least one model of choice. Quite a relaxed interview overall.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

First up was submission of a CV and then an online video interview. The online video interview was in the format of 3 open-ended questions and 3 multiple choice questions. All the questions asked were regarded personality and competency. Following that, I was invited to the assessment centre for a panel interview with two people from the related divisions I was interested in. In this interview, it was more of a conversation and demonstrating your interest and attitude was the key idea. After the interview, there was also group presentation with fellow applicants. Here, it was important to keep in mind the time constraints and work together well.

Interview Questions

• What are the values of Barclays and which one do you think is the most relevant?   Answer Question

Community Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

After passing the online test, I was asked to attend a face-to-face interview. When I got there, I was turned away by them, because my bank statement (that I used as proof of adress) hadn't been posted to me and I had got it from a branch instead (Of course my address was written on it!) At this point, I want to mention that in the instruction given prior to the interview it stated that a system generated bank statement can be used as proof of address. No interview. On my way home, I received a phone call informing me that I need to reschedule my interview since it never happened as THE HIRING MANAGER WASN'T THERE ON THAT DAY. I told them why I was told I couldn't get interviewed and that I'll need a few days before I receive my bank statement. After a few days (when I got my statement) I called their recruitment helpdesk and asked for another interview. They told me someone will contact me in the next 48 hours. They never did. Thankfully, I got another job.

Community Banker Interview

Application

Interview

After passing the online test, I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview. When I got there, I was turned away by them because the bank statement I used as proof of address(which did state my address) hadn't been posted to me and instead I had got it from a branch. At this point, I want to mention that in the instructions I was sent before the interview it stated that a system generated bank statement can be used as proof of address. On my way home I received a call from a lady who said I should reschedule my interview as the HIRING MANAGER WASN'T THERE ON THAT DAY and my interview couldn't be done. I was left speechless, but I told her that I should wait for a bank statement to be posted to me (at the moment didn't know how long it would take) and then reschedule. When I received my statement, I contacted the recruitment helpdesk and they said they'll get back to me in 48hours. Never heard of them. Thankfully, I got another job.

Apr 6, 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Really sorry to hear about your experience, I can only apologise for what appears to be human error on this occasion. I really hope this occasion does not prevent you from looking at future ... More

Business Manager (Vice President) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial contact with HR then telephone interview with the team lead based in NY, apart from the interview starting with 40 minute delay, good interview. Then came the face to face interview with a peer which was absolutely awful (unnecessary aggression, interruption, and just generally horrible), and the final interview with a very senior business partner who was also lovely however, my entire experience was tainted by horrid lady that I had to tell him I wouldn't accept the role if it interacts with her!

Interview Questions

• Examples of how I supported previous company in my capacity as a Business Manager to be the voice of business area supported and drive change   Answer Question

Apr 18, 2017 – Head of Resourcing

It is disappointing to read your comments and I would like to apologise for your experience. We aim to ensure that all our colleagues who are involved in our selection processes are able to offer an ... More

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

4 stages lasting 3 months from application to offer.

Stage 1: SJT/Numerical - If passed move immediately to next stage
    Stage 2: Case study & Video Interview in early November - Was told I passed roughly after 2 weeks
    Stage 3: Telephone Interview in early December - Was told I passed roughly after 2 weeks
    Stage 4: Business meeting and Face-to-Face interview in late January - Given offer after 5 days

Telephone interview is comprehensive - almost 50 minutes long
    Stage 4 case study was sent in advance to prepare. 40 minutes for case study and 40 minutes for interview during final stage.

Very positive recruitment experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would find challenging during the graduate scheme?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Graduate in Wealth, it was quite messy due to complication with the HR personnel. But interview went great. Simply conversation with the director. Initial was online video test (including numerical reasoning and verbal reasoning). Then analysis of data, then interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the three things about you I should know about you?   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had standard bank online tests before getting a phone call and then invited to an onsite interview. The onsite had a mixture of maths and coding tests, with motivation questions. There was emphasis on good solid knowledge, especially with numerical methods and statistics. The HR team was super nice and helpful, a lot of feedback was provided after the day, it was a great learning experience!

Interview Questions

Barclays Response

Mar 24, 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Thanks for your positive feedback. Great to hear that the personal feedback you had has been valuable. We aim to provide feedback to candidates and would always encourage them to seek it. Best ... More

Corporate Banking Interview

Application

Interview

1. Face to face interview: 30 minutes
    Motivation questions + CV check.

2. Face to face interview: 30 minutes
    Competency based questions.

3. Group exercise: 1 hour
    Work with another 3 candidates to solve a puzzle and must follow a list of rules.
    The team have 20 minutes to understand the rules and have an opportunity to try solving the puzzle. Then in the real test, the team should solve as quickly as possible (usually less than 10 minutes). There might be some “surprise” in the middle of the test, such as team members are only allowed to communicate with gestures for 3 minutes. 10 minutes are left in the end for self-reflection and Q&A.

4. Group case study: 1 hour
      Working with another 4 candidates to solve a real-world business issue and present the solutions to the interviewers.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, went through a long assessment, it took at least one hour. I got through this assessment so I was invited for a second assessment which was an online interview. Again took me almost an hour with both technical and behavioral questions. Finally, I got a call to set a phone call two days before so I worked so hard for two days to prepare for the interview but the day of the interview which was at 11 no one called, I waited for more than an hour still nothing I called the HR but no response. I sent an email and didn't get a response yet. For a bank who pretends that it gives importance to values and that it incorporate its values in its day to day business well I would like to say that it's far from being the truth. This is so disrespectful and irresponsable. Actually, it reflects the true image of the bank. I just wanted to share my experience as I don't want other people to have high expectations regarding this bank and get finally