Barclays Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

291 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

FIG Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

40 minutes interview with a Relationship Director, straightforward technical questions, the "big boss" was kind of aggressive - but that's understandable as he's been a leader/boss in the team for so long. HR was very friendly and efficient in getting back emails. Hopefully hear from them about the next step soon.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of technical questions regarding your last position/experience and the current role   Answer Question

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

They ran through my resume and did some Q&A around your background and experience, covering off my past positions, what I have delivered, how I delivered, its problems and issues faced, how I over came them etc.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Very quick process, had an introductory phone interview then an in person interview at the NY office. Met with 3 people and had a Q/A with a current analyst.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Barclays? Why are you interested in HR? Which division are you most interested in? What was a time you had to give negative feedback to someone and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was given a phone interview, the interviewer was very nice and answered all of my questions happily. There was not too much structure to the interview, and basically wanted to know whatever I had to tell him.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee who referred me to this position. A telephonic interview that lasted for 45 mins and questions on general skill for the position and behavioral. An onsite interview with 2 people (Hiring Manager and Another Data Scientist) for 30 mins each. Questions were on my research and I was surprised to know that they don't have any team member with a Ph.D. especially when this position asked for a Doctorate degree. There was a big gap between research and what they were expecting for this position. Two weeks later I had to send a couple of emails to the HR and came to know that I was not considered for this position. Overall the interview process was useless and have the right people who can interview someone with a doctorate degree.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interviewwas on the phone with two members of the team, it lasted about 30mns. The second interview was in person at their midtwon office and lasted about 2 hours.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First interviewer arrived 15-20 minutes late. We then shuffled from one side of the building to the other for another 8 minutes looking for the conference room to conduct the interview. Upon asking her first question "tell me about yourself", she immediately went to texting before I even opened my mouth. She was even yawning periodically (this is professional?). As some point during the comical interview, she asked if I had any questions. I didn't get half of the first question out of my mouth before the individual showed up, at which point I was told, "you can save your questions for them".

The following three individuals I met were pretty decent. They explained the role and asked the standard interview questions. The final individual who I met, based on my time with and impression of her, was not well versed in the English language and was having difficulty understanding my explanation of how I would be a fit for the role, such as, when I stated that I would research applicable regulations of non compliance then analyze and she responded with, "I think you are confused, you are not applying for a Researcher role, we are to monitor the researchers for non compliance". At that point I had to explain that I understood what I was applying for and even went further to define research and analyze in regard to how it applied to the role I was interviewing for.

As the interview drew to a close, I was asked whether I had any questions. I asked two standard questions, followed by one that is usually recommended by recruiters, which is "do you have any reservations about me as a candidate?" 10 times I have asked this question in the past and 10 times I received a direct response. This time, the response was "that is why we are interviewing, to understand the candidates."

Needless to say, I was ready to go home and put this awful interview experience in the rear view mirror.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would be a fit?
      what do you see as the biggest impact to the industry?
      What do know about the role?   Answer Question

Barclays Response

Mar 24, 2017 – Head of Resourcing

I am so sorry that you have had a negative experience of our selection process. This is clearly not what we want for our candidates.
    I will feed this back to our HR team in New York so that they... More

Summer Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was an online video interview whereby there are some Behavioural questions and 1 question based on what business area you are applying for. There were a total of 5 questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in early November with a resume and cover letter. Got an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview about a month later with only a day or two notice before the interview times. Was supposed to hear about next steps within a couple of days after but hadn't heard back for 2 weeks. Had to reach out to a couple different people for them to tell me no. Claimed the application system sent me a notification but it never did.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have had to practice your conflict resolution skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through university, get on-campus interview in approximately 1 week. General behavioral questions like why Barclays, why position and introduce yourself. Th experience is pretty good, and the interviewers are very nice,