Barclays Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Operations Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

4 rounds - with 4 VPs across different divisions in infrastructure, about 30 mins long. Sit with 5 people all are cycling through the interviewers. Heard back the next day. They're known for quick turnaround for their grad program.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

applied through LinkedIn
    got an email asking for a phone interview with hiring managers
    phone interview led to face to face at office

phone interview consisted of some technical stuff. what is an call option? what is a put option? what is a forward?... etc. real basic derivative questions. not at all tough.

face to face was with more hiring managers and was really more a get to know you vibe. feeling out the person instead of what i know about finance/derivatives

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Got a call from HR to do a screening interview first. After the phone interview they set up an interview with the hiring manager. Went in and met with the team lead. Asked me about my previous experiences and why I wanted this role. Then I met with the VP and was basically the same type of questions. After I left a couple of days later received a call from HR to set up the 2nd interview. Met with the MD and the interview was easy enough and shorter than the first. Got a call the next day from HR with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, mostly behavioral question and the typical where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, was e-mailed for a phone interview. Phone interview was than cancelled. Than got another e-mail for Final Round Interview without doing anything. Weird experience.

Two 30-minute interviews at office in NYC. Both were half behavioral, with some technical and some questions asking about operations term.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about Dodd Frank and it how affects our business.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

They are more concerned about if your personality can fit in the team.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online through barclays website. Application included 3 essay questions. Two weeks after that recieved a call to come in for a interview day. Had 3 1-on-1 interviews with different VPs. Mostly behavioral questions. Nothing to hard. Heard back 5 weeks later about offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

I participated in the Finance and Operations Boot Camp, which is a 3-day event consisting of information sessions and networking events with senior managers and other analysts. I was able to learn more about the company, its Finance & Ops divisions, and its culture. Everyone was friendly and very enthusiastic about their job. On the last day of the event, I had two 1:1 interviews back to back - one with a VP and one with a Director. The interviewers didn't ask any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• None. Be prepared to talk about yourself. Know your resume inside and out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Washington, DC).

Interview

Summer Internship turned into a full-time offer.

Interview Questions

• What is LIBOR and what was it this morning?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

The HR people were tough but you just have to get in their and keep up your confidence without letting the stern faces get to you. They are not bad people, it is just a part of their test to see how you do under pressure.
    You will go through two rounds of interviews and then they will let you know if you got the job or not. Not sure if this is the same for all people but this is how it went for me.

Interview Questions

• I actually cannot remember that far back. The question I always have difficulty with is also the most simple one, "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a non-negotiable offer but I did not try to negotiate either because it was pretty good for a first job out of college.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Liverpool, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Lengthy lots of values based questions and job description was very long. Be as prepared as possible and make sure you do your research. People were friendly and helpful in explaining the role which was useful and informative

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in relation to role   1 Answer

Seemed limited scope for autonomy