Barclays Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Project Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (McKinney, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through a contracting company. process took more than a month. Once the contracting company's HR screened me for 30 minutes, submitted my resume to Barclays. Face to face interview with 2 VPs were scheduled and it went well. One of the VPs wanted have me talk to his partner from development side as the day of my 1st face to face interview VP of Dev was not available to talk since this job has high visibility. 2 weeks later 2nd face to face interview was scheduled with a panel of 3 people. 2 senior project managers and a VP of software development. During the interview, VP was not making eye contact or asking any question as he was looking on his smart phone. I felt really bad about the process. No communication from neither Barclays nor from the contracting company after the 2nd interview. 2 weeks later, I found out that that position was filled with a candidate whose resume was presented by the same contracting company presented my resume with less hourly rate.

Interview Questions

• Pros and cons of Aglie vs. Waterfall project management methodology   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Wilmington, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a clear indication of how the organization runs-- unorganized and disjointed. it is not uncommon for the interviewers to reach out to their personal /professional colleagues and friends to see if they can provide any information about you outside of your references.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed twice for the same job... almost a full year apart. Initial interview (screening with HR) was typical and to the point. On site interviews with peers and managers were completed followed by a test. The test took longer than the 5 interviews and was FAR more difficult. I only had to go in once, which is better than other processes where you get called back over and over to talk to different people.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical. The test was the most difficult part of the process and took several hours. I was completely drained afterwards.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

Recruiter set up the interview, interviewer was late but I had the opportunity to observe the working conditions etc... it was clear that there was very few people over 35 at their office. The interview was ver cordial but the recruriter the next day called and after telling me that I didn't get the position asked my age.
    I told him and then I told him my observations which he agreed was most likely the real reason. Bottom line to me is if you are older than 30-35 don't take the trip to Jersey City.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Met 3 colleagues for an hour. My boss and two colleagues. One from the business and one from IT. Asked about experience and General interview questions. It was only one interview. Within a week they had made a decision to start.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly standard procedure - firstly a telephone interview about my background and why I applied for the role, followed by competency & then stakeholder interviews. Quite straightforward questions, nothing designed to catch you out. No HR involvement until the offer stage, all went through the hiring manager & another team manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you've been part of a team that didn't work well together and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knutsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Knutsford, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

telephone interview followed by face to face, long interview Felt it was more of an interview by numbers rather than something to find out about me. The interviewer was very arrogant about Barclays almost suggesting that I was extremely lucky to even get an interview. Not a good experience

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

This is the worst interview process I have had in my life. I had more than 14 interviews during 9 months, in a process that they call CIDS. At the end, they made an offer with much worse conditions than those initially described in the job description. The conditions of the job were changed several times during the process, they asked for every detail of my life, since when I was a kid to any single personal dissapointment in my life. You can't imagine how deep they went emotionally, and I was expecting that at least the salary was going to be worth the effort.

I was interviewing for a Manager role at the corresponding salary, and at the end they offered a Director role at a salary level below Manager, which clearly wasn't a fair deal, was it? This means that they wanted me to do a Director job but at an Analyst salary, and this wasnt what they described at the beginning. To justify their change in conditions they put a headhunter in the middle and said that it was the headhunter's mistake which is sounds very ridiculous to me. In short all the process was perfect to offer the worse salary possible, and it is very difficult to believe that a company such as Barclays would have made such a big mistake after 14 interviews.

Clearly I declined the offer, as this didnt give me assurance that they would respect any aspect of the job in the future.

I will honestly not recommend this Company to anyone, and will prevent anyone to apply.

Interview Questions

• If you have an interview with Barclays, you have to be expected to dig into every single emotional aspect of your life, no matter how hard it was for you. If your mother died and you were depressed about it, they will use this against you to reduce the salary; by this I mean every single event of your life, they will ask you questions to reveal how your life was and challenge you. Also, expect that things are suddenly changed at any moment. In my case, they said you will do manager job at manager salary and received an offer for director job at analyst salary.

They have in place a perfect intelligence system to investigate every single aspect of your life, to accomodate anything they can to their benefit, no matter if this affects you emotionally or financially. The company's number one objective is to maximise their money, so don't expect to receive a fair salary. If you want to work there think carefully before making such decision as this can significantly affect your life.

This was a very long and exhausting process that at the end was really a waste of time due to their exclusive focus on paying the least possible.
      Answer Question

Change in conditions: they initially described a Manager job at Manager salary, and at the end offered Director role at Analyst salary.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called and asked me to submit CV. Recruiter and I reworked the CV to ensure it more closely highlighted my relevant skill set and experience.
    Onsite interview closely followed. The interview was with two individuals; one would have been a peer, the other a matrix manager.
    They asked many questions about my experiences in Banking, project management, requirement identification and managing customer complaints.

Interview Questions

• Do you remember a time when the customer's qualifications were unclear and you had to start the process over   1 Answer

Required travel and length of assignment

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2008.

Interview

I had applied for a Manager.
    It started with an initial phone interview. I was assessed about my domain knowledge and a bit of technical expertise.
    I was then sent a Brainbench skills test, which was at a difficult level. Then followed another Group/Panel Interview which was again technical. After this I had a 1:1 with a Director, who assessed my domain knowledge, my investment banking knowledge, team spirit etc.
    The overall process was very slow. It took them atleast 3 weeks after the last interview to send me the offer letter..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not negotiate at all. Though many of my friends have been able to negotiate to some extent if they came through external consultants.