Barclays Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.5

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

Two interviewers, one by one. The first round is easier, but second round harder.
Generally, there are two parts: math and coding. Usually 3 questions for math, including probability, brownian motion, Markov chain. One question for programming, but this question tends to be easy.

Interview Questions

• 1. You are climbing stairs. If there being n steps, you can climb with step 1,3,5, until the maximum odd number no bigger than n. Calculate the number of methods you can climb on n-stairs.   1 Answer
  • 2. Coding: Find the n-th prime number   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (London, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

telephone interview, coding test before this interview, python was used. some Monte Carlo and mcmc, some easy binomial and uniform dist., need many statistics but very basic. hope this help.

Interview Questions

• odes, stochastic process, Markov chain, MCMC   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

submitted my resume online, after two or three weeks, received an email from the recruiter and set up an initial phone interview. Asked general questions in financial math, and in the end he invited me to on-site, but after three weeks, they told me they would pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Monte Carlo simulation, binary tree, forward price, etc.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website. Received an email for interview for the same day. The interviewer was really nice, smart, and spoke very fast. Questions are mainly concerned with previous experience on my resume, for example, most important take-aways from your course listed, and what I did in my previous internships. It was really a pleasant experience, but I didn't get a follow-up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

4 Interviews and 1 written test. The interviews are separate with different areas. And the written test is of 40 questions to be answered in 45 minutes. The interviewers are nice people but the questions are quite technical related with finance, math, probability. I couldn't answer all the question but they will give a direction on it. I didn't do well and I didn't get an offer from it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position in Singapore. First I did an online video interview which are all behavioral questions. After that I had two video interviews at the New York office with several representatives from Singapore team. The first one was a technical one and lasted about two hours. I got five math problems and five brain teasers. Some of them are quite difficult but the interviewers are really nice and kept giving me clues. About a week later, I got a second video interview which was basically background check and some finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the limit (use l'hospital's rule, easy question)
      Sum of fibonacci series
      Question about flipping coins (use markov chain)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

very nice persons, the questions are relatively challenging. many questions relate to fibonacci numbers. they describe some questions and need to use mathematics induction to solve.

black-scholes formula is required. you probably need to derive and explain them in details.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

1. online test----assessment 1---4 parts
    2. online video interview assessment----assessment 2----4 parts----financial calculate(4 or 5 question), introduce yourself, gave recommendation based on the result which you calculate , reply the email based on the result and common question.
    3. assessment center----final assessment-----3 parts

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays in September 2018.

Interview

Firstly, there is an online application which is very straight forward and easy to fill out. Shortly after submitting my online application, I received an email informing me to take their online assessment within 5 working days from receipt of the email. The assessment was fine and pretty much normal, not very different to many other banks. There are two types of questions in the assessment, ones about your personality and how you would react in certain scenarios as well as mathematical questions based on given sources. All questions follow videos in which they give a story, or lead onto the question. These types of untimed assessments always take me really long, but I managed to do well enough to progress onto the next stage. After completion, I received an invitation to complete an online interview. Now keeping in mind that I had done research on the interview and prepared answers, I still found the interview impossible. It turns out that it wasn't quite an interview, but more like a business assessment that involved video answers. I was given questions and sources, and I had to answer either by multiple choice, video answer, or type an answer. That is perfectly fine, but the sources and questions given were not something I could do as an undergraduate mathematics student, which seemed ridiculous to me, as it was too technical and something I'd expect to learn and understand on the graduate scheme itself. I understand that the role I applied to was highly numerate, however I am studying a mathematics degree with a few mathematical finance modules, yet I still couldn't answer any of the questions so I ended up rambling, making answers up and sounding like a complete idiot, since I didn't understand the questions or sources at all. I'm not sure if this is because there may have been a mistake, or whether other applicants are also getting the same 'interviews', but from what I could see, unless you already had experience as a graduate, or something of that level with knowledge, then it was impossible to answer. I haven't gotten an answer yet, I completed the stage at the end of September/beginning of October, but I'm 100% sure I failed and will not progress to the next stage. It's strange as I had also applied as an intern for summer 2017, but I had a completely different experience and the process wasn't at all impossible.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any classical interview questions, like behavioural, strengths or competency questions, it was rather an immersive business insight assessment, where I was given really tough sources to read and tough questions to answer in a short period of time.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

2 basic online stages, 1 online C++ coding test (3 exercices - hackerrank-like), on-site assessment center composed of 4 interviews (2 maths and 1 coding and 1 personality) and 1 test and 1 trading game.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 values of Barclays?   1 Answer