Barclays Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Barclays Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.5

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

I applied online and had an face-to-face interview mainly on statistics. After a couple of months I was invited to an assessment centre, where I had a trading game, math test and 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Writing an mathematical algorithm (in any coding language) and assessing its complexity   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I got the interview via a recruiter. The process took one day. Interview was scheduled one week after the call. Some generic interview questions and then a some programming questions and exercises and some financial maths ones.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews + 1 onsite in NY office

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2009.

Interview

I visited the company's presentation and applied online. After an initial phone interview with an HR I was invited to the assessment center in London. It lasted for 2 days and comprised of a written calculus test, a trading game and two or three one-on-one interviews. There was an organized social dinner as well.

Interview Questions

• The trading game was the most stressful part for me. We were in groups of three and the groups were trading with each other. I don't remember the rules now.

I think the game was introduced by HR to assess how candidates work within groups under pressure. It seemed contrived and artificial to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Numerical and logical on-line test.
    First round: tel interview with HR, questions e.g., why investment banking, why quant, describe your PhD project.
    Second round: one-day assessment center. First, solve a paper test, containing math, probability, programming questions, need speed. Second, do a trading game within a team of 5 people. Third, 4-round 1v1 interviews (2 maths, 1 programming, 1 general).
    Decision will be made the next day of the assessment center.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barclays in October 2009.

Interview

fair

Negotiation

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays in December 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was very polite - asked me one question on options, the five horse race problem and one simple algorithm question. He also asked some questions about my resume and background, and told me about work in the HFT division. Overall, the interview seemed to have gone well, and I was surprised I got a reject a week later.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

Fairly standard process. I liked it very much. There will be 1 interview with easy questions at the start. Once you pass that, there will be 2 more interviews that is more in-depth. 1 mathematical and 1 on programming.

Interview Questions

• Explore a tree using an algorithm   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

First step is a coding online for around 45 min and then a Hirevue assessment. Then there is the assessment centre where you first have a coding game before individual interviews with the quants. There is two maths interviews and one coding interview.