Barclays Quantitative Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Quantitative Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2016

3.6

Quantitative Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays in November 2016.

Interview

I applied from the university site, followed by an untimed online test. After passing the online test, I then need to do an Hirevue interview within 5 days.

The Hirevue interview is timed, structures varies depend on which division you apply.

The Quantitative Associate interview consist of answering 6 questions in 30 min, a behavioural question: introduce yourself, an presentation of investment recommendation based on given data. Then a question asking how you found the experience of this interview.

Although they accept applications from varies background, it is best to have some financial knowledge in options and maturity dates.

Interview Questions

• What is investment recommendation would you give to the client based on their situation and the data given.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Quantitative Associate Interview

Interview

telephone intervew with competency questions, then assessment center

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Quantitative Associate Interview

Interview

First round phone interview, and then on-site

Interview Questions

• phone interview is only one brain-teaser question. on-site includes 45 mins written test and three 45 mins face to face interviews. questions includes brainteasers, programming, math   1 Answer

Quantitative Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays in February 2012.

Interview

The HR arrange a competence ability interview with me. I choose to take the phone in US night, when it is daytime in Asia. I prepared a lot of behaviors question, but still be challenged by asked behaviors questions.
    For example, why you choose Financial career in such bad market? What is your great opportunity cost?

Quantitative Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays in February 2011.

Interview

All classical questions. Brain teaser, general competency questions and a trading game. Great company, flat hierarchy. The firm actively helps interns to integrate into the company by arranging interactions between interns and employees.
    Communications are very important for interviews.

Quantitative Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barclays in February 2011.

Interview

1 phone interview
    1 AC, including 1 programming test, 1 math test, and 1 paper summarizing exercise, and 3 seperate math interviews.

Interview Questions

• math question on probability and independent variables   Answer Question

Quantitative Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in October 2009.

Interview

Met Barclays Capital at the Boston Career forum applying for a job in Japan. Went to the Barclays Capital booth, presented my resume and was given 2 interviews on the spot. One in Japanese with senior equity research managment and one in english with a research associate. The next day I was contacted again and invited out to dinner with members of the US equity reseach team. Offer for the job came the next day. Barcap employees seemed very nice and I was impressed by their growth strategy.

Interview Questions

• 3 lightbulbs in an enclosed room. Light switch outside, can not see inside in the room when the lights are on. 1 of the 3 light bulb does not work. How do you figure out which one does not work?   2 Answers