Barclays Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

First round interview with my college's alumnae at the firm over the phone, picked for a superday in New York. Superday consisted of three, 30 minute interviews with senior people across different desks. Mostly fit and market questions, had to do a stock pitch. Found out early the next week I had an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Sent me a rejection email monday following the interview that I did not get it. The recruiter did not even have my name on the email and the formatting was completely wrong. Shocks me how such a large institution that emphasizes "respect for others," shows no respect for a potential candidate. Please train your hr staff.

Interview Questions

• How would you invest 1,000,000
      why barclays
      conflict example
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, was given an early superday and did not have to do a first round interview. I interviewed with 3 people, each for 30mins. They then did a debriefing panel with analysts from my school to try and sell all of the interviewees on Barclays.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your classes and why it interests you?
      Have you ever proposed an idea and it was shot down?
      What group do you want to join and why?
      Why Barclays?
      Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

1st round was a typical S&T phone interview; opinion based market question, why Barclays, and etc. Superday was all fit/behavioral, very relaxed and engaging. Very welcoming culture and interviews were more of a conversation than a typical Q&A interview. If you're smart, personable and enthusiastic you should do well when interviewing at Barclays.

Interview Questions

• Who has had the biggest impact on you life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The process took about 4 month. Connected with someone in S&T in Nov 2014 and was invited to their on-site event (which sort of was a first round interview). Got 2nd interview invitation in Feb 2015. Superday consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews, all my interviewers tended to focus on behavioral questions. They were all super nice and the process was more like a casual chat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

on campus recruitment, 1 on 1 interview with an MD from cash equity. Connected with an alumnus from Cornell beforehand. She's being very nice the whole time. Really appreciate it.

Interview Questions

• behavioral. imagine a situation blah blah blah   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Applied through college career services website. First interview was all "fit" questions. Got asked back to second and final round in New York

Interview Questions

• Describe a leadership experience where you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Through on- campus recruiting, this was my final round interview

Interview Questions

• How would you distribute 25k amongst asset classes/ why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with phone interview, then in office "Superday"

Interview Questions

• Tell me what other business Barclays is currently involved with and describe a few of them.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Dropped my resume through school career website, and took first round on campus interview. I did not receive offer for final round

Interview Questions

• Most of questions were pretty fit ones, and he asked my particular interests in market, we talked about European Crisis. Why Europe and Japan are different?   Answer Question