Barclays Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays in February 2015.

Interview

I applied via the Barclays website (Taleo) in mid January 2015 for a specific position that was an exact match for my skillset and experience. In early February, a recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager which ultimately occured in mid February. The manager called me at the appointed time and we discussed my backgound, reasons for seeking a new position, and how I would react to hypothetical situations she proposed. The interview went well and I received feedback I would be a great fit for the spot; HOWEVER, the hiring requisition was not really firmed up to the extent she could proceed with the process but would reach out to me when and if the req was firmed up. As late March, I have not heard anything further but I would discuss the position further should it rematerialize at a later date.

Interview Questions

• Why did you remain at _____ for only 1 year?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

1) Technical phone screen
    2) In person interview mainly regarding SQL and Fixed income products Swaps, Bonds and CD's

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

I had the phone interview in 2008, and for all kinds of reasons the onsite interview was postphoned again and again till March.
    The phone interview was simple, just a conversation about my background and questions about the company.
    Onsite interview wasn't too impressive.
    First they placed me at a cheap hotel in Queens, very inconvenient, and it was like nowhere. Later I came to know the rate for that hotel room was only around $70 a night.
    Barclays is renting some space in Long Island City, location is good, in terms of metro, but the neighborhood is not. The whole interview process was kind of messy, and we felt like neglected all the time.
    We started with a math test, and then a SAS test, easy ones. Then it took forever for someone to show up and give me the first interview session. After this session, nobody was telling me what next. After some time, we were brought to a conference room for lunch, which consisted of sandwiches and coke. I seriously was questioning if they were serious about us. After lunch, it took they forever again to come up to tell us what next. I had another session of interview. Interviewers were not friendly. First time to see someone shouting to me in an interview, and I was rather furious.
    After this session, for a long time I was left alone, and nobody told me what next.

Some friends went through the same procedure and got job offers, but I really didn't like the way I was treated. I have to say it's the worst interview I ever had.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

First round interview and second round interviews up through the recruitment agency. The process is standard. Greet and meet on date arranged by recruiter. one hour first round interview, same amount of length for the second one. It's aligned to European bank standards across the market

Interview Questions

• questions like
      what are the greeks?
      what projects you have worked on?
      what was the last book you read?
      What is your next move after this role? i.e. where do you see yourself in 5 years etc
      Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in March 2010.

Interview

Was contacted intially over the phone.
    2 rounds of phone interview which included 2 case studies and a situational interview.
    final round of in person interview, panel interview consisted of technology case and strategy case and various other questions

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2010.

Interview

First it was a telephonic conversation with my (to-be) line manager. He asked the usual questions as to why I was moving out from my prev employer, what keeps me motivated at work, what is SDLC? how would you encounter difficult situations? How important is Service Management? How important is a tool (like Service Now or BMC Remedy) important to carry out Service Management etc..

Interview Questions

• Can you join in within the next 15 days??   2 Answers

Negotiation

I had to build a case to get my then initial salary (SGD80000 annually). The case was asked by me by the HR as my previous employer paid just the half of my quote. Therefore, I had to bring in statistics from recruitment companies to reinforce that for "my levels of experience and work nature, I was underpaid". The HR accepted this and gave me chunk (SGD80000) which was a 50% leap!!!!

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Noida (India)) in November 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was really good. I had 3 rounds of interview. And i was explained well about my roles and responsibilities and compenasation in advance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiation phase was not that good for me, as Barclays has strict rules about negotiations.