Barclays Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

1) Technical phone screen
2) In person interview mainly regarding SQL and Fixed income products Swaps, Bonds and CD's

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays in February 2015.

Interview

I applied via the Barclays website (Taleo) in mid January 2015 for a specific position that was an exact match for my skillset and experience. In early February, a recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager which ultimately occured in mid February. The manager called me at the appointed time and we discussed my backgound, reasons for seeking a new position, and how I would react to hypothetical situations she proposed. The interview went well and I received feedback I would be a great fit for the spot; HOWEVER, the hiring requisition was not really firmed up to the extent she could proceed with the process but would reach out to me when and if the req was firmed up. As late March, I have not heard anything further but I would discuss the position further should it rematerialize at a later date.

Interview Questions

• Why did you remain at _____ for only 1 year?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

First round interview and second round interviews up through the recruitment agency. The process is standard. Greet and meet on date arranged by recruiter. one hour first round interview, same amount of length for the second one. It's aligned to European bank standards across the market

Interview Questions

• questions like
      what are the greeks?
      what projects you have worked on?
      what was the last book you read?
      What is your next move after this role? i.e. where do you see yourself in 5 years etc   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2010.

Interview

First it was a telephonic conversation with my (to-be) line manager. He asked the usual questions as to why I was moving out from my prev employer, what keeps me motivated at work, what is SDLC? how would you encounter difficult situations? How important is Service Management? How important is a tool (like Service Now or BMC Remedy) important to carry out Service Management etc..

Interview Questions

• Can you join in within the next 15 days??   2 Answers

Negotiation

I had to build a case to get my then initial salary (SGD80000 annually). The case was asked by me by the HR as my previous employer paid just the half of my quote. Therefore, I had to bring in statistics from recruitment companies to reinforce that for "my levels of experience and work nature, I was underpaid". The HR accepted this and gave me chunk (SGD80000) which was a 50% leap!!!!

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Noida (India)) in November 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was really good. I had 3 rounds of interview. And i was explained well about my roles and responsibilities and compenasation in advance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiation phase was not that good for me, as Barclays has strict rules about negotiations.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knutsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Knutsford, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

20 minute presentation followed by two 1 hour+ interviews with different interviewers.

It was competency based which covered the Barclays values and technical questions. The technical questions were easy. The values bit went well too. As with some banks though they define the BA role very narrowly and one of the interviewers was very eager to tell me that the core BA role is about requirements. As a certified and experienced BA I thought it was a bit odd and displayed a remarkable level of ignorance and hubris Some employers forget that it's a 2 way process - the candidate is judging you too for the right fit.

After chasing a number of times I gave up trying to get feedback. No response or feedback still after 5 weeks. It was a waste of 2 days prep plus travel there and back and 3 hours of my time. Very unprofessional from Barclays.

Interview Questions

• Identify a time when you recommended a course of action that involved risk - this is the only question I remember from a very bland list - the usual boring blah blah stuff, ad nauseum   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in March 2010.

Interview

Was contacted intially over the phone.
    2 rounds of phone interview which included 2 case studies and a situational interview.
    final round of in person interview, panel interview consisted of technology case and strategy case and various other questions