Barclays Senior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.2

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Got an email from HR to check if Interested in Barclays.
Phone call with HR about background and salary expectations etc.
First round: 1 hour Technical
Second round: 1 hour with hiring manger - technical and business skills
Third round: 1 hour - Personal & Interpersonal, Commercial Effectiveness

All rounds went well. Three rounds were completed in three weeks.
After these rounds had to wait for more than a month to get offer. Being on H1B visa, the hiring manager had to take lot of internal approvals to offer the job.

After the offer, visa transfer took about one month. Then joined after two weeks.

The entire process took about 3 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered as per my expectations so did not negotiate anything.

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed by all members of the team. Asked about a range of different topics including some I didn't know - the important thing was to be honest about the extent of your knowledge. There were some technical questions as would be expected, although not so many brain teaser type questions. The interview was low-key and put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• I remember some specific Javascript questions that were a bit outside of my area of expertise, and also some more in-depth DB questions that were challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary negotiation went through the recruiter and he gave a number that was good to me. I was able to negotiate a more senior position through the recruiter as well.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New Delhi (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Barclays come for experienced java developer walking on delhi. I reached at 10:15 A.M. There is many people come. But interview process was very slow. I had to wait 5.30 hrs for my first technical round till that i have to seat. After the long wait person took a F2F round ask me to describe my project. what technology i have used. My CTC.

No java question asked. Interview round completes in 5-7 mins. Then person come and said that your feedback is negative.

I was unable yto understand if a person hasn't ask any question then how feedback can be negative.

worst Part of that day is no food arrangements.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, plus three face-to-face. Involved a take home coding test, which was pretty easy and simple to do. Fairly basic in all, simple questions - they weren't highly skilled in interviewing for software developers.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to testing software?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune City (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune City (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a campus Recruitment. Out of 350 People only 3 got selected.
    1) Aptitude
    2) Technical Round - Logics, Puzzles, Windows and Android Mobile App Architecture
    3) Best thing was Results were declared within 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Logics, Debugging Skills, Demo for the Mobile App which I developed during Internship.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays in January 2012.

Interview

Positive experience overall: a details and penetrating phone interview with a software developer (standard technical questions, brain quizzes, probabilities), a programming challenge to do in a couple of days followed by an on-site extended interview with four different interviewers (including the manager for the position). Interview focused mainly on core programming skills plus raw intellectual capacities. This means no "technology" question (what does API X? what is Framework Y?). Nice, intelligent people and it seemed a great environment to work in.

Interview Questions

• Probabilities questions involved throwing dices (NDA prevents from giving specifics).   1 Answer
    • Find errors in code - a wide range of errors from bad naming to wrong brace or if/else matching (NDA prevents from giving specifics).   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

4 stages
    1) Online technical test
    2) Phone interview with technical member of the team
    3) Face to face interview with direct manager and his manager.
    4) Face to face interview (via video conference) with department head
    Technical quiz is done with 30 multiple choice questions, 3 minutes per question, no ability to go back after each one. Several questions consist of sample code. No way to cut and paste code into google - deter cheating. Very effective as you do need to know your stuff.
    Phone interview a mix of prepared questions and some discussion over previous projects.
    Face to face was yet more technical questions and personal career path stuff
    Final interview is basically a does your face fit, where do you see yourself going type of thing

Interview Questions

• What have you ben doing for the last 2 years - this arose as I'd had a career gap to accompany my wife to India for her job posting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Found the experience a bit strange as I had been suggested by an old colleague who was working there. Ended up going through all the interviews without any actual formal description of the role.
    Partly this was down to them considering whether to place me in the Team Lead or Developer slot.
    Also there was no discussion of package until after the offer was made. Offer was made by HR who asked what my expectations were.