Barclays Interview Questions in Singapore | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

3.3

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Couple of rounds including 1-1 interview, Panel interview, Situation Interview, Mini project with other interviewees during assessment center. Overall question asked was not difficult to answer for a graduate position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about IT disaster recovery and how you would prepare   Answer Question

Barclays Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a 4 round process. One online test, one video interview followed by 2 face to face interviews with team heads and director of finance. Overall experience was good! Was not very technical

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply online, then receive the invitation of video assessment, it is basically answering questions after watching the video. After passing this stage, would receive the invitation of digital interview that is much harder. It even required you to reply an email given five mins during the interview.

Quantitative Analyst Off Cycle Interview

Interview

I applied for the position in Singapore. It consist of 2 section. First section is about calculation (5 question in 30 minutes) and the second section is like business communication (recommendation, email reply, etc.). In the first section, you will be provided with data and you should answer the multiple choice question. It does not specifically require knowledge in business. However, knowledge in business should be helpful. The first question in the second section is not assessed. The last question just asked how is the experience of such assessment for each interviewee.

RTB Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2016.

Interview

There are 2-3 interviews within Barclays. First, the supervisor who will be handling you will provide a technical interview to ensure candidates contain all the skills they require for the position. Second interview is from the higher management - usually being conducted by the head of the team and one of the VPs - they will check whether you are fit for the team and department like checking how you work with the team, how you can handle multi tasking, how you can deal work pressure. Lastly, is from HR which refers to negotiating your salary and start date.

Interview Questions

• Site example of a challenge that you have experienced and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online on the career website. Went through Numerical and Reasoning Tests, and then got invited to a Recorded Video Interview. I was then invited to two phone interviews in November. Still waiting for the result to see if I am invited to Super Day.

Interview Questions

• Mainly competency questions and interest in past experiences.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Online application
    2. Online psychometric assessment - situational judgement test with bit of numerical questions
    3. Sending your cv
    4. telephone interview (one with an analyst and another with a VP)
    5. Assessment centre

Interview Questions

• 1. Walk me through your cv
      2. Tell me about yourself
      3. Basic accounting questions
      4. What is EV and the EV multiple?
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

There will be second to third round of interview. They will cover technical skills, business skills and interpersonal skills.

Offer will come in next few days. HR will contact once got feedback from hiring manager

Investment Banking Division Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

It consisted of filling up the application form followed by an invitation to take the numerical / strengths test. Following that, there will be a video interview which asks for your responses in various scenarios. The video interview was difficult and their main purpose was to evaluate if you can handle the tasks at the job and find if your values matches with those at Barclays. Failed at this stage

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied for the summer, had 2 phone interviews and face to face final rounds. The phone interviews went great, they even told me I would be put through. Unfortunately, during one of the face-to-face the interviewer came in late and flustered, had a black look on the interviewer's face.

Asked really tough questions that was purposely to throw you off guard and say the wrong answer and demoralizing you from the start.

I would say the front part of the process was good and HR was great, but just by sheer luck of getting a unhappy interviewer who probably had a bad day, you get rejected.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions were: Why Barclays, why this role, give me a trade idea.   1 Answer