Barclays Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2017

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Nothing special, typical corporate things. One team hires for another, because probably others left. In person interview - tell me about yourself etc, then with algos, data structures and some board coding things. Met with few arrogant people during the interview. For some reason they think they smart then everybody else and this kind of attitude is during entire interview, it makes experience really negative after all.

Interview Questions

• * reverse a string
    * write some stupid application to get output of du
    * keep top 100 max in coming queue
    * singleton pattern (thread safety etc)
    * database things - triggers, procedures views etc   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Mainly technical question from a list in excel, starting from basic concepts and moving on to more complex things. DB, OOP, Services... Learn the basics and review as many questions from theory as you can

Interview Questions

got a better offer from other company

Software Developer Interview

Interview

On campus interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

There are 2 round 1:1 interviews. Go through the resume first and then they asked general behavior questions like why barclays and what you can bring to barclays. They probably rated everyone based on your answer. But 2 weeks later got the letter stating you would not get the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview starts with a phone screen, and then onside with 4-5 group members. It's very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview was pretty simple. I was asked Java core, database and web development questions. I was called back immediately for a 1 on 1. I interviewed with 3 people who basically asked me the same type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a design pattern you know and how you have used it in the past.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

I am still waiting on their offer; however, I was notified that I was a finalist candidate and therefore I believe to have a good chance.

My first round interview was with a director at the technology group. It was quite long (almost one hour) and the guy asked me a lot of technical questions, mostly about server infrastructure and high-level systems related issues.

My second interview was only about 5 minutes. He just went through my resume, asked me some q's and told me "I liked what I saw". A week later I got an email from HR telling me I was in the final selection process.

Overall, technical knowledge is necessary and they seem to be very flexible given that it is a new company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how to avoid data corruption in relational databases. (very broadly, not specifics)   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays in October 2008.

Interview

I started my interview process by searching for companies online looking foe candidates for technology positions. I applied to barclays. Initially I was contacted by one of the recruiters through email. I was asked to set up time. I had initial discussion about the job responsibilities, salary, location, reasons for changhing job etc. with the recruiter. She then set up a time for me to talk to a hiring manager. I got a call next week for the interview. The process lasted for 45 minutes. I was asked about the work i do, my background, reasons for changing job, some technical questions, puzzles. I was asked to get back in a day or two with results.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jalandhar, Punjab (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Jalandhar, Punjab (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

After you register with their website, first are a series pf behavioural questions. Then a link is sent to your email regarding a video interview.
    On opening the link, there are 2 stages. First is coding, where it comprises of 5 questions of varying difficulty for 2.5 hours. Then comes a 2nd stage, where you are asked to do some basic mathematics on some survey questions and then a series of video responses are asked. Mostly all behavioral. Thats it.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Barclays interview process consisted of three stages:
    1. Online aptitude + Coding round
    2. Technical interview
    3. HR interview

Online aptitude + Coding round:
    General aptitude questions including quants, logic and verbal. There are 2 average coding problems.

Technical Interview:
    Focus is on projects and your role in it. Technologies used in projects.

Interview Questions

• What concept do you like in java and where have you used it in your project?   1 Answer