Barclays Software Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I received an email from corporate recruiter after my online application and set up a call for a phone screening. The job was located in NYC but the hiring manager was located in England.
The whole experience was awkward as he was 15 mins late (which he apologized for) and had a really thick Indian accent and I had to make him repeat himself so many times during the call. On the top his accent, since the call is scheduled on a Friday afternoon EST and that corresponds to Friday night in England, his tone was a bit unwilling and forced to do this.
The technical questions were straight forward and there were some behavioral questions and some of them I could not understand at all.
We had to stop at some point since it was obvious this was not gonna work.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected....Questions around Agile, Java, and Behaviral   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Methodical and followed the process. I had 7 interviews and I saw 9 different people at different levels. I think for a company as big as Barclays it needs to have a good & transparent process which looked it was followed in this instance.

There are a mix of interviewers ranging from peers to hiring manager's peers. Good mix of personality and seniority. Interviews are well organised with Barclays internal recruitments, professional and effective. I'm comparing their recruitment desk with my current employer (another Tier 1 Investment Bank) which is near a total disaster (from the hiring manager's point of view).

Interview Questions

• Various technical questions and behavioural questions, for example: tell me the time when you resolved a conflict? Tell me the time when you had to make difficult decisions.

Each interviewer had a different focus, after 7 interviews you've seen them all.   Answer Question