Barclays Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer

Barclays Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

1) 2~3 phone interviews
2)in person interview with 5 people in same group
3)verbal offer
4)paperwork

Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview with in a day or two. I spoke with 2 different individuals who would be senior to me on the team I'd be working on. They asked fairly standard questions, but used some terminology I was unfamiliar with (management jagon) so I had some trouble with that.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a time I was in charge of a project or task, but failed, and what I would have done differently.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in January 2017.

Interview

Terrible and very time consuming interview process. Applied online and had to complete a Business Insight Assessment. After that step, I was invited to take a HireVue online assessment, which was 5 coding questions, 12 reading articles and analyzing graph questions, 5 video response questions (one doesn't count), and 2 type a response/email to a scenario questions. You'll be drained by the end of it and it's a classic example of a company being very cheap during the interview process. At the end of it, I don't even want to work at Barclays anymore.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was very brief, and it covered a lot of material that I hadn’t seen before witch threw me off from what I thought the interview would be,it was just different.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (India)).

Interview

Applications had to be made online in whcih details had to be given regarding academics and extra achievements. And also, write a bit about yourself and also about Barclays.
    1. After shortlisting 1st round was IQ/Aptitude test
    2. Second round was group discussions on technical topics
    3. Then there were 1 to 1 interviews, I HR interview for 45 min 1 technical interview for 30 min

Went for further studies

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Prague (Czech Republic)) in June 2012.

Interview

Overall, I was quite happy with the process. It was detailed and thorough enough, so I felt confident that they are doing a good job at picking a good candidates only so I will not have to deal with ... suboptimal colleagues if I get hired and at the same time it was not tiring or boring. A written test about Perl and a couple of rounds of interviews with prospective colleagues and managers, with enough time for both sides to ask questions. All people involved were friendly and felt really interested in the process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really "unexpected". The most difficult question was to write a short program in Perl on a piece of paper.   Answer Question

I do not feel really comfortable in a formal environment and while the team I was interviewing for was one of the less formal there, it was still bugging me. And when exactly at the time I was deciding news appeared about rather unethical behaviour of Barclay's (LIBOR manipulations), I decided that I do not want to work for them. But I have the highest opinion of the people who interviewed me and I felt really sorry for wasting their time, as neither dress code nor faking exchange rates is their fault.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays in October 2010.

Interview

I met with them a college career fair and at first was excited. After a long online application, I found out I qualified for an interview. I went for the interview and was suprised. Never was I told that it was going to be at all technical. The first question was, are you willing to write some code. I said sure, as I started writing, before I was done they were questioning my methods. The interview consisted of 2 technical questions (linked lists and strings), followed by personal questions. The question that most threw me was "why do you want to work for an investment banking company." I had struggled with that same question online, and didn't expect to get it again... Overall the interview didn't go well, and I don't expect to hear from them again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for an investment banking firm?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to write some code now?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Totally unprofessional. I believe the interviewers had no formal training on how to take an interview. walking out the room talking on the phone etc., random people come in ask a question and go out and then again come in. A bunch of novices trying to act smart. Then also for the sake of readers there were random flashing question like method overloading, overridding, what will happen if I have multiple main methods, can we overide using qualifiers etc. there initial coding round was OK(or rather good) but after the F2F interview I felt that they are looking for people from service industry. I expected it to be more on algo's and logic. but sorry it was the same old service based company question. No regrets I just had over expected.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of normal coding round, followed by a series of technical rounds ,culminating in a HR interview. The technical rounds were fairly easy. But the way they presented the work seemed very boring.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

1 written test followed by 2 technical rounds and 1 hr interview. Written test consists of all the technical questions ranging from small logic to an ans for a code