Barclays Spring Week Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Spring Week Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.2

Spring Week Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays in February 2014.

Interview

Online

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (Coventry, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

12 strength-based questions, 15 seconds to think, 2 mins to record. what are the three things on the global agenda? how would they affect Barclays? if a client requests you to do sth that you consider as unethical, what would you do? if you failed an important deadline, how would you feel? what would you do? how do you ensure that you learn quickly when you encounter new situations?

Spring Week Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays in December 2013.

Interview

Applied early, had a numerical, verbal and non-verbal test. Then had to wait for 2 months before I was invited to a telephone interview. There was no further communication from when I did the tests till I received interview invite. Was able to book the interview time online, and then was called by a HR person at the exact time the interview was booked for.

Interview Questions

• Why finance- I was expecting why banking, so the answer I had prepared was not as relevant.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Spring Week Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in February 2015.

Interview

1. Three questions two answer on the online applicaton form (Why this industry and Barclays? Describe Barclays values. Describe an event or a trend that is going to affect the banking industry)
    2. Online tests (numerical, logical, judgemental)
    3. First round Interview (competency based with HR representative)
    4. Second round nterview (again competency with HR representative specific of a particular division)
    5. Offer!

Interview Questions

• If a client asked you to behave unethically, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you had to present data and how you managed to do that.   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

CV was required on the application. The application also asked for grades achieved and personal information and then I received and email inviting me to an online interview. The interview only took about 25 minutes and consisted of sections of video interview, a written section and a multiple choice section.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Video Interview, approximately 35 minutes. Few situation judgment test questions, few competency questions about how you would behave in a given situation and write one letter to your colleague.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Process took 1 month. A video interview consisting of 3 parts. 1) Strength based questions 2) Writing 3) MCQ on business values. Final round interviews for their Summer Analyst Positions are done on the last day of the Spring Week.

Interview Questions

• Write an email to an executive you met at a networking event to follow up on your conversation. (1-2 minute time limit)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I got invited to an online interview containing free-response questions and multiple-choice questions. The questions are general and straight forward . Thereafter an email asking for division of preference.

Interview Questions

• Write an email to an executive you met at a networking event to follow up on your conversation.   1 Answer

Spring Week Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online and then got an email telling me to complete a video interview a few hours later. The interview consisted of 12 questions, some of which asked you how you would respond in a particular situation, one asked you to write a letter to a senior employee who you networked with and the others asked about motivations. Haven't heard back yet

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online initially (sending through my CV and cover letter, although the cover letter is optional), and then I was sent a link to a HireVue video interview, which included competency questions, multiple-choice questions and then a typed-out letter.

Interview Questions

• How would your parents describe you?   1 Answer
    • Why are you attending the Barclays Spring Week?   1 Answer
    • What does collaboration mean to you?   1 Answer