Barclays Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in early November with a resume and cover letter. Got an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview about a month later with only a day or two notice before the interview times. Was supposed to hear about next steps within a couple of days after but hadn't heard back for 2 weeks. Had to reach out to a couple different people for them to tell me no. Claimed the application system sent me a notification but it never did.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have had to practice your conflict resolution skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through university, get on-campus interview in approximately 1 week. General behavioral questions like why Barclays, why position and introduce yourself. Th experience is pretty good, and the interviewers are very nice,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the HK office. First round was two Skype interviews, with one associate and one first-year analyst. Questions were mainly about resume, with a bit of easy tech and strengths/weakness. They also test your language ability, like mandarin or canto. Second round was one Skype interview with an AVP, very technical. Final round was in NY, still waiting for the result.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Around 3 weeks after submitting the application and was invited to a skype interview with two interviewers. Started with basic questions, then moved on to more technical ones. Interviewers were generally friendly, and both of the interviews had similar questions. Technicals are not too hard, though interviewing through Skype is a bit more stressful than through phone.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in October 2016.

Interview

First round phone screening by an analyst. Then had a on-campus one-on-one interview but didn't get into the superday. The process took around 2 weeks. The questions are pretty standard for investment banking. Nothing surprising.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The application was conducted through our college's online application system. Then I received an invitation to the interview. The interviewers had a presentation the day before and a small event that allowed us to network with interviewers. The actual interview took place at the career service and lasted for 20-min on.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus recruiting, 2 rounds on campus

Firm came on campus in early spring semester, followed by 2 weeks of preparation before resume drops (words cannot street how beneficial talking to people at the firm / networking is, however terrible it may be at the time is). First round on campus interviews (1 half hour interview) a week later, followed by final round on campus (1 hour interview with 2 senior people) a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard from summer analyst (intern) through 3rd year analyst/associate level (you might have some wiggle room on your bonus but that's a slippery slope)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with an on campus interview, followed by another phone interview and eventually a Superday in NYC. Superday was only one 30 minute interview, very behavioral with almost no technical questions. Everybody was very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What is the price of oil? Why do you want this position? Why Barclays?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through school, process took 4+ weeks, HRs did a great job walking me through the process. 3 interviewers, 30 minutes each. All interviews are easy, and they try to not ask tricky questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. First I got 2 rounds of telephone interview. All market questions and some standard behavioral questions like team experience. Then I went to superday at NY office, 2 interviewers. Questions were market questions plus brain teaser, and some other questions based on my resume. Brain teasers were standard probability trick on most of the prep books.

Interview Questions

• My view on macro economy
      What will you invest if given $1m