Barclays Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.9

107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The employees that interviewed me were extremely polite and asked relevant questions. They assured me it was okay if I didn't know the answer to something and I knew it wasn't a test to see if I would receive an offer or not. They eased me into the interview and it was more of a conversation, not a rapid fire questioning session.

Interview Questions

• Resume details, leadership experience, explain a conflict/challenge you faced, why Barclays. One technical question, was asked about which three lines I would look at in a financial statement and why.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews; one in-person with a young analyst; both with graduates from my college; the first was easy, fit-based questions, the second was more technical but nothing extremely complex or mathematical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

phone call for first round. One person talking. Asked mostly simple questions, one finance question. No Accounting questions. The first round was only 15 min. Second round was on campus but I did not make it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was given a phone interview, the interviewer was very nice and answered all of my questions happily. There was not too much structure to the interview, and basically wanted to know whatever I had to tell him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in early November with a resume and cover letter. Got an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview about a month later with only a day or two notice before the interview times. Was supposed to hear about next steps within a couple of days after but hadn't heard back for 2 weeks. Had to reach out to a couple different people for them to tell me no. Claimed the application system sent me a notification but it never did.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have had to practice your conflict resolution skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through university, get on-campus interview in approximately 1 week. General behavioral questions like why Barclays, why position and introduce yourself. Th experience is pretty good, and the interviewers are very nice,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the HK office. First round was two Skype interviews, with one associate and one first-year analyst. Questions were mainly about resume, with a bit of easy tech and strengths/weakness. They also test your language ability, like mandarin or canto. Second round was one Skype interview with an AVP, very technical. Final round was in NY, still waiting for the result.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Around 3 weeks after submitting the application and was invited to a skype interview with two interviewers. Started with basic questions, then moved on to more technical ones. Interviewers were generally friendly, and both of the interviews had similar questions. Technicals are not too hard, though interviewing through Skype is a bit more stressful than through phone.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in October 2016.

Interview

First round phone screening by an analyst. Then had a on-campus one-on-one interview but didn't get into the superday. The process took around 2 weeks. The questions are pretty standard for investment banking. Nothing surprising.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The application was conducted through our college's online application system. Then I received an invitation to the interview. The interviewers had a presentation the day before and a small event that allowed us to network with interviewers. The actual interview took place at the career service and lasted for 20-min on.