Barclays Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 16, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

After I submitted my resume and cover letter, I was invited to onsite interview. I met several employees. I had a terrible interview that I have ever had. During the interview, interviewer was checking his mobile phone, and also texting. It was not professional even if the interviewer lost interest on me. I got a pretty bad impression about Barclays after having this interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied on campus Got the interview call after one week. Two half an hour interviews taken by two different people. Both were a mix of technical, behaviour and resume based questions. Interviewers were good and co-operative. Got the offer one week after.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Barclays HR actively goes to various schools for campus recruitment, especially in the tristate area. Interested candidates can fill out the application and submit their resume online. Cover letter is optional. Shortlisted candidates will have a first round interview on campus with two VPs, usually they last for about 30 min each. If the campus interviews go well, Barclays will invite the selected candidates to New York for onsite interviews. There are a total of 3 rounds, and they last around 30-45min each.

Interview Questions

• If a user finds an error in your application, you have tried many times yet still unable to find it. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations as grad salaries are standard across the bank

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Since it was on campus it was mostly behavioural questions with two or three technical questions thrown in throughout the process.. This was followed by a phone interview about three days after the interview. They grill on the resume so make sure that ou can explain convincingly on any point mentioned in your resume. Technical questions seem to be from the qualifications on the resume as well

I had a better offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

the interview lasts for about one hour, first go over the resumes,
    questions like which one is your favorite project is asked.
    and then I was asked some behavior questions, like have you
    encountered some problems when doing a team project.
    how did you resolve it.
    and some basic financial questions,
    like what do you know about stocks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Campus Recruitment.
    2 interviews of 30 mins each.
    Some behavorial. Some technical. Some finance.

Interview Questions

• What makes you angry?   Answer Question
    • Some concepts on OOP like private static member class then how to create it's instance, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I had 3 1:1 interviews. It was very strict. The interviewers have a list of questions that they need to go through. Most of the interviewers are not very personable and it was hard to build personal connection with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I interviewed by two people. One asked me all the behavior questions. One asked me all the tech questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

First I applied using college career website. I got my first interview on campus and they asked what I did and my GPA. They looked at my project that I worked on and what I was interested in. After that they call me in New York branch for 4 interviews. This was just repeating same thing over and over what you do and what do you like about computers. Hardest computer related question I got was what is CPU?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

My interview was for Barclays Capital New York - Technology Analyst Position. No technical questions were asked. I had 4 1:1 interviews and all the 4 interviews were completely behavioral. The interviewers started off with questions about my previous projects and couple of other HR questions. Some questions were:
    1. What is the most challenging project you have ever taken up?
    2. How would you handle a conflict with your team member?
    3. What is your greatest weakness?
    4. Tell me about a time where you took the lead role in a project

Interview Questions

• 1. What is the most challenging project you have ever taken up?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a conflict with your team member?   Answer Question