Barclays Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

3.2

Community Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then had to do online assessments (situational judgement and general screening test). Was then asked to book myself in for an interview, after which they email you about the competencies they'll question you on - interpersonal skills, control environment and technical skills - and will also give you a pdf of their competency framework detailing the aforementioned in the email.
    Interview itself was with 2 branch managers both asking questions, but very friendly and made the interview quite conversational. The questions were essentially looking for how you've displayed those competencies in work/life where the interviewer was basically using the competency framework I mentioned and will basically go through each one (you'll know what I mean when you see it). Best advice I can give is to make sure you go in with many examples of times you've displayed those competencies using the STAR method. After that they go through your CV and just discuss it.
    Got an email literally the day after saying I was a good fit but they decided not to offer the job, after which I called the helpdesk and was told that due to the high demand they took more suitable candidates, but was reassured that I wasn't unsuccessful. They probably hired internally.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember questions exactly but were along the lines of:
      Give me a time where you helped a colleague/Give me a time where you built a positive relationship with a colleague or friend. (Something along those lines)
      Tell me about a time where you had to work as a team.
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with a risk in the work environment.
      Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem for a customer.
      How do you keep up with technology? Do you know anything about Barclays' technology?
      1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Very personable, business related. The interview process is related to the challenges you would face in the job. Two video, problem solving interviews followed by one face to face interview. The final interview is a based on a case study and you have to discuss the issues related to it.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

2 online Business Insight tests, followed by a one-way video interview, then a phone interview, and then a mock business meeting and interview in the head office. The business meeting was tough, as there was a lot of information and possible questions that could have been asked. The interview was mostly behavioural and competency questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

I applied for the graduate analyst role in London. After the first two stages of online assessments I was invited for a telephone interview. It laster for slightly over an hour. This wasn't with HR, this was someone from the finance department. It was very structured: we spent the first few minutes talking about my background (walk me through your CV). The second bit was competency based. Then came the part that threw me off a little: I was asked to give instances whee I lived up to Barclays' five values. Finally I was asked a few technical questions relating to my previous experience. They called me 4-5 days after the telephone interview to invite me to the final stage. I was given a case study to work on and present. It was a role play exercise. At the interview I was asked to give them an overview and they asked further questions. After this exercise it was competency based questions.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

very hard and elongated. Had to watch a video which has a very tenuous link to question, could have been quicker if just typed the question out instead of putting it in a role play video. The maths was very difficult as located the information needed to work out the sums was spread across multiple graphs. Also one graph did not have enough information to make sense of the numbers

Interview Questions

• what do you think is the most important aspect of Barclays bank   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

The assessment centre consists of a panel interview and case study presentation. I was given a case study to prepare 1 week beforehand. The interview was very similar to first round, they like to ask how your experience relates to Barclay's core values - Integrity, Service, Excellence, Stewardship and Respect.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever publicly admitted that you made a mistake.   Answer Question

Spring Insight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was online, done through a software. For each question I had around 1 minute to prepare and slightly more to answer them. Overall it took around 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some general questions such as why are you applying, what are your skills etc. Then I was presented with some practical situations, in which I had to pick an answer from multiple choices. Then there was one question in which I had to write an email in 4 minutes, also from a real life work scenario.   Answer Question

Spring Analyst-Front Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about 4 weeks. It was a Hirevue-based interview. They record everything you do from start to end, even if not all the interview/test is video. More or less all are 2 minutes to think and 1 to speak, and in the case of the long writing they just give you 3 minutes (as far as I remember).

You have two questions practice and then it is 12 questions (5 of them video-recorded, 6 of them to choose or write briefly and in 1 you have to write a letter in a given situation).

Interview Questions

• What would you do to take the most out of the Spring Internship?   Answer Question
    • How would you define collaboration?
      And then the typical about your strengths, suitability and why you chose to apply.
      Answer Question
    • If a colleague in the SI asks you why you have chosen that SI in Barclays, why would you tell?   Answer Question
    • How would you define collaboration?   1 Answer

Markets Spring Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in December 2016.

Interview

Immediately after submitting my application online (including CV) I received an email requesting that I complete a Video Interview (using the 'hirevue' system). Instructions were clear and simple to follow.

Interview Questions

• Why Barclays, why this division?   Answer Question
    • what is collaboration?   Answer Question
    • what would your friends say are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • also had some behavioral/situational judgement questions (not on video)   Answer Question
    • asked to suppose the following senario: write an email to the barclays representative you met following an networking event   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

First stage: online test - mix of numerical questions and value based questions. The numerical questions focus on a case.
    Second stage: Hirevue interview, continuation of the case of the online test, interspersed with value based questions
    Assessment center: continuation of the case, and a general interview. There were multiple rounds.

Interview Questions

• Value based questions: how would you act if you had a pressing deadline, and two tasks to compete?
      What is your biggest mistake?
      Technical questions: what are biggest challenges in the market in the next year?
      Answer Question