Barclays Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

3.2

527 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Community Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

online assessment, phone interview, face to face interview. 2 people interviewed me the branch manager and his assistant mainly the branch manager who was asking and the other person was just writing (his opinion toward what I'm saying mainly the values). Have been asked 7 questions and in the beginning was a normal chat about my personal background, education and my experience then the questions about Control Environment, Interpersonal Skills and Technical Skills. It wasn't hard at all the questions are straight forward all you need to prepare situations for every question so think before you go. The guys were really good, helpful and will welcome you in excellent way and will answer any question you want to know also will be honest and direct about the vacancy and the status. They also informed me that they wil send their feedback to the HR and supposed to know within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when yo didn't show a customer what is inside you   1 Answer
    • Give me an example when you convinced a customer to use the digital trends   1 Answer
    • How do you measure your performance?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very structured and very friendly, interviewee is aware of topics to be covered and is given a pack of instructions and guidance on how to be prepared for interview properly

Interview Questions

• mostly about how tasks has been done and what the challenges were, and how did interviewee overcome it   1 Answer

Negotiation

very reasonable, they seem very understanding for all circumstances and motivations and provided good options to help

Community Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in June 2017.

Interview

Exactly as others described on here. I applied online, and received an e-mail to take the assessments. A week after I finished the assessments I got an e-mail telling me to come in for an interview (It allows you to pick a date convenient for you, but there was only one date for me.) and the interview took place 2 weeks later. There were two people, one asking questions and the other taking notes and such. They were very lovely and made me feel extremely comfortable and welcome throughout the entire interview. I ended up not getting the job, I haven't found out why as I've gotten no reply from my e-mail requested feedback. Was really bummed as I knew I'd be perfect for this job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclays (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Its seems their interview is fair but they just ask about examples even about the situations you dont have experience in.
    They should change the way they interview and focus more about the job related questions.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example abut risk? although job is not related to risk....!   Answer Question

Private Banking Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying for roles for 7 months I finally managed to pass the online assessment in June 2017. I was delighted to hear from an in-house Barclays recruitment consultant to congratulate me on successfully passing the online assessment and if we could arrange a time/date for a telephone interview. The telephone interview went well and I was informed that I'd passed that stage too and that I'd hear within the next 2 weeks when I would be granted the opportunity for a face to face interview. 2 weeks went by and I still had not heard anything until week 3 when I received an email to say that I would not be offered a position in the company and if I wanted feedback then I could contact the resourcing helpdesk. I phoned into the resourcing helpdesk who had informed me that the reason why my application was not progressed was because of a poor online assessment result which they then sent me a copy of. The online assessment they sent me was an old one dated back to February 2017 which means that they based their decision on an old online assessment and not on the most recent one I did in June 2017 which reflected a positive result. I feel like my application was treated unfairly and I was disadvantaged due to my most recent online assessment not taken into full consideration. My questions to Barclays:
    1.) If you based your decision on an old online assessment, why would your resourcing consultant contact me about the roll I applied for to inform me that I passed my assessment and that I could progress to the next level?
    2.) Based on my conversation with said resourcing consultant, I'm certain that I did well in my June 2017 assessment and would like clarity as to why that assessment was not used to make an informed decision.
    3.) Could this have been an error that you accidentally used the incorrect online assessment?

Barclays has always been a dream of mine and I can't express enough how disappointed I am in how my interview process was handled.

Interview Questions

• I didn't make it to the face-to-face interview therefore no interview questions to share. The telephone interview just covered salary expectations, work eligibility and previous work experience   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Barclays (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contracting at the time so knew the marketing team and the hiring manager for the position. I approached him mentioning I was interested in the role for Marketing Manager. I sent him my CV and he said he would like to take me to the next stage.

He put me in touch with HR immediately whereby I had to carry out the formal application via the internal Job Board. I was notified two days later that I would be interviewed. We organised an interview two weeks after that.

Within the interview, I was initially asked about my experience, where I see myself going with my career and why I may want the role. I was then asked 5 'competency based questions' which spanned over different topics such as 'leadership' and how I have dealt with risk etc.

I was short listed for the position, however I was unfortunately unsuccessful. The hiring manager took the time to sit me down and explain why the case may be (someone else had slightly more experience in the different channels of marketing within the bank), where I did well in the interview and what I could potentially improve on. This was really positive and helpful.

All in all, it was a good experience, apart from the fact I was unfortunate in not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to deal with risk in the workplace. What was the risk? How did you overcome and mitigate this risk? Did it teach you anything about how you may act in the future?   1 Answer

Community Banker - Essential Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Salisbury, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely seamless. I applied for the job and within the same day I was called to ask for an interview. The interview was completed online, via video interview which is not something I have experienced before but the recruitment team answered all of my questions and reassured me about the process. I videoed myself answering a variety of different questions asked by video. I was contacted the next day with feedback, and had been fortunately selected as the successful candidate. Since, the recruitment team have been in constant contact, and I am very pleased with the support given.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you have had to compromise on a task within a team?   Answer Question

Transformation Manager Interview

Application

Interview

First stage is online testing - situational awareness, numerical and verbal reasoning. Situational awareness are all linked to their values and processes rather than standard business behaviour. From watching this i figured out pretty quickly that their corporate culture wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Situational Awareness questions   1 Answer

Community Banker - Essential Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

-Online situational judgement test and basic numerical test
    -Face-to-face interview (assessed against Barclays' values/the job profile)
    -Meet & Greet interview (informal, get to know the team on a personal level)
    -Employment offer (for those who are successful during the interview phase)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you have effectively collaborated with others   Answer Question

KYC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Test, face to face interview consisting of 5 value questions and 5 tailored questions. HR take about 4 weeks to get back to you with any sort of feedback and this is very generic

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you overid a decision made my senior management ?   1 Answer