Barclays Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Vice President Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

People were great; they were very friendly. They explained the job, roles, responsibilities with full clarity. I talked to quite a few individuals, some of them senior managers. In terms of what would be expected of a good interview, this interview fully met all of the expectations I had. I was very pleased with the discussions. There were several 15 minute breaks which allowed me to rest. During interviews I was encouraged to ask questions about the job, roles and responsibilities, future of the firm etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviews were collegial, very general and focused on my general experience. All 3 interviewers were careful to explain the role, responsibilities and what they were seeking in the candidate. They were very open to answering my questions about the group. The main issue for me was that I was interviewing for a role more junior than my experience warrants, which they confirmed after the process. They were incredibly positive about my ability to contribute to the firm and indicated they would support my application to positions at more senior levels with other groups. They did not have the budget flexibility to elevate the VP role, however, and also felt the work would not fully utilize my skills. All in all, despite not getting the job, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• At the end, they wanted to know what I would bring to the group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

It was the longest interview process I ever went through. I had close to 10 interviews. They were face to face, via telephone, coffee meet and greets and video conferencing. They were global. I met with people in Asia and London. The process took over 3 months.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I didnt recieve any technical questions which was disapointing as this is predominantly where my skill set lies. All the questions were about management and personality style which is fine but I would have prefered it to be more balanced.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

Telephonic to verify the basic skills.
    Round#1 - In person skills evaluation - 4 people
    Round#2 - Hiring Manager, Manager's Manager

Interview Questions

• How did you direct a Technology Change within an Organization?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Had a combination of phone and video interviews. All went well and the fit was good on both sides. The process did extend beyond the normal period for a replacement hire due to internal politics on which office the position would be located. Overall a good experience though. HR and other support were great during the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• A question completely unrelated to the line of work for which I was applying, i.e. a technical question. Turns out this person was testing me to see if I would be suitable for an open position in their universe.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not as painful as most places can be. Had a great hiring manager that delivered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was pretty much one sided monologue with the interviewer doing the talking.It looked like he wanted to spend some time on a friday afternoon with no clear agenda in mind. He was very nice and warm as a person, but the interview looked more like a coffee chat (monologue).He didn't ask me anything, only asked me what questions I had.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult because he didnt ask anything.He only talked and talked when I asked him something and this went on for 1 hr.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barclays in July 2010.

Interview

Behavioral Interview process, standard questions around prior experiences, successes and failures. also examined my style of management, working with difficult people etc. All in all, the interview process was very straightforward for investment banking

Interview Questions

• nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Not a tricky interview. You just need to have industry knowledge and experience.

Negotiation

Some negotiation. Not much.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Role: Front office technology
    First round(telecon): 30 min tech
    Second round(telecon): 2 hrs (talked to 4 people) - tech + derivatives
    F2F in NYC office: 9 am to 4:30 pm - Java, Algorithms, Written test, Derivatives, Fixed Income

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions related to algorithms - linked list, array, hashcode etc
      Lot of finance ques - options greeks, bond duration, correlation, option pricing   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as the offer was better than my expectation.