Bard Access Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bard Access Systems Interview Questions

3.2

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bard Access Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for an internship online through LinkedIn. It took about 2 months before I was contacted. I was sent an email that contained a link to provide times that would be best for me. I was then emailed what time my interview would take place. My 2 interviewers were very lax and dressed in a lower standard form of business casual. The interview was average with standard, expected questions. The posting did not give all of the details of the internship, and when the time came for me to ask questions, I soon found out that they had been expecting an intern who could work 20 hours a week for a year. This did not work with my schedule and concluded the interview. My interviewers had internships at BARD and had returned for full time after graduation because they enjoyed the people they worked with so well. They said it may not be as exciting as working on rockets in a different local company, but the work environment was what brought them back.

Interview Questions

• An example of a conflict in a team setting and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bard Access Systems.

Interview

Interviewed with Bard Access systems for an engineering intern position. The interview was quite relaxed. I wore a suit, but the interviewers were all in polos and slacks. I met with 3 individuals at once, the woman who I would potentially be working for, her boss, and one of her employees. Everyone was very nice and friendly. I was told beforehand that I would go through a regular interview, and then a technical skills evaluation, however that was not the case. I simply met with the three interviewers for approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

• What are/were your favorite classes? Least Favorite? How have you handled conflict working on a team? What do you look for in a supervisor?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bard Access Systems.

Interview

The initial application process was done through the company website and communication with a company HR representative. After an interview was offered, an onsite interview time was set up with an HR rep. The onsite interview was very informative and hands on. I met with a program manager as well as a staff engineer. Apart from typical interview questions, there was also a tour of the labs and different building areas.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions related to company products and how they worked.   Answer Question

Interview

Two - step interview process: HireVue online interview (really awkward) then 2 hour interview, 30 min each with 4 people. Everyone was cordial, completely straightforward about the position and expectations.

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I interviewed at Bard Access Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

Contacted HR thru a mass email sent at the college, after a few weeks of receiving my resume, they contacted me for an interview. The interview process lasted about 3-4 hours but only because I was interviewed on two different teams. Not so many technical questions but mostly ethical and attitude. Be sure to know about Bard and their products, know how to explain your lab experience pretty good, they like to hear examples. The process begins by being interviewed with two engineers on that team who tell you a bit more about their expectations and define yours. Then you're taken to the program manager's office to interview with him, this is a bit more intimidating since its the manager but just be sure you know your resume like the palm of your hand.

Associate R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bard Access Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process involved multiple steps. An initial video recording screening process is required. If managers are interested after reviewing your video responses you will be called in for an interview. Each interview block is scheduled for at least 30 minutes. I interviewed with my hiring manager, his manager, and then a block with two team members at one time.

Interview Questions

• They ask general technical knowledge and experience type questions.   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bard Access Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR Assistant to schedule an interview. She was very professional and gave perfect information to clarify that I would be able to locate the business. Upon arrival, the business was clean and again extremely professional. I was surprised at how little anyone acknowledged or interacted with the receptionist. In this respect the business seemed cold. The members of the HR team were friendly and the interview went well. They did not communicate back with me as an applicant even after leaving a phone message as follow-up regarding whether the position was filled.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bard Access Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

Started with phone interview, then in person interview. Met with a total of 4 people, each interview took about half an hour.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bard Access Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview that led to an in person interview. Interviewed by 6 members of the company with different titles all directly related to the advertised position. Each member had a specific outcome for the interview. Technical knowledge, team player, results oriented, etc. Each interview was approximately 30-40 minutes long.

Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bard Access Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2011.

Interview

Had 5 separate interviews of 45 minutes to an hour long. Felt like I was going through a filter before I could speak to the top decision maker. Work culture seemed fairly typical corporate, people were friendly and the office was clean and maintained.