Bard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.7

Senior Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bard (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

First there was a test online that I wasrequired to take. It was intense and long, much more than I had anticipated or expected. Then after that ere was a series of multiple phone interviews with Bard employees from across the country. They were spread out over a few weeks and after that, face-to-face interviews were set up at their offices, including with the reporting manager. There was a lot of focus on process improvements experience from past jobs and questions about managing people and processes.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bard (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter out of Atlanta.

She spoke to me over the phone about the position and it was more of a one sided conversation of her talking about the company and position. She did not ask any interview questions which was kind of odd. The next surprise came when she said I was actually applying for the company CR Bard and not Meridian Group (The company I thought I applied to) and you have to move out of state in two years.

After the interview she sent me an email about the company and did another phone screening. This time there were actual personality and fit questions.

I didn't hear back from her for almost a week, and then she started texting me...telling me to have a good weekend, questions about my resume, experience, and clarifications. This is the first time I have ever had a recruiter text me and I didn't think it was a professional way of communication. I called her to answer all her questions and she submitted my application to the director. I was told I would hear back but I did not and never got a reply back from the recruiter, director, or anyone from both companies.

Overall, not very professional. Don't text me for interview and resume questions. At least be transparent to show what the real company I am applying for is. If you can't keep your own deadlines, then don't make them or pretend like you can get back to me on time.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in moving into operations?
      Are you able to move out of state in two years or out of country?
      What leadership experience do you have?
      Why did you leave your past company?
      Why are you looking to leave?
      How many years financial analyst experience do you have?
      Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bard (Queensbury, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Good. Waited 3 1/2 weeks to hear that they decided to go with the person that was already there!! This was after being told what my next steps would be and they should have an approval to write me a formal offer.

R&D Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bard (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with six different people from various departments over a little over half a day. I was told I would hear back in a week to a week and a half but I ended up needing to call the hiring manager after HR was slow to get back to me.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bard (Covington, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I actually applied for another position that I was never contacted about but was called about a team lead position. I did a phone interview the same day and a week later had an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you seeking other employment?   Answer Question
    • How would my friends or co-workers describe me in one word?   Answer Question
    • If I was given an assignment by upper management but I disagree how would I approach the situation?   Answer Question
    • How would I describe myself in one word?   Answer Question
    • Where do I see myself in 3 years with the company of hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. Just make sure you're confident on yourself and what you're looking for.

QA Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bard in November 2015.

Interview

was pretty straight forward. one phone interview and one in person interview

nothing to be nervous about. 2 people interview, They may seem intimidating at first but keep cool and you will be fine.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bard (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the job I had been doing as a temporary contract employee for close to two years. Interviewed with H.R. Then another interview with two co-workers in the same department and finally a third interview with the media department manager. Even though I continued to come in and do the very job I applied for; over two months went by with no clear yes or no on the position. I followed up with management but was always left hanging with vague answers like- there is a hiring freeze. Meanwhile I was tasked with taking new hire photos of people who just got hired(clearly no hiring freeze). Finally, a coworker was tired of knowing what the manager was too cowardly to tell me himself, informed me that they had no intention of hiring me on to do what I was continuing to do for them.

Purchasing Supervisor Interview

Interview

Very informal, met with three individuals at a restaurant for a dinner meeting. Had the plant manager, comptroller, and materials manager in attendance. The mood was light, and I had the feeling that each individual was just trying to get to know me better. Only a couple of questions sprinkled in (Who was a leader you admired most, what was your biggest failure, etc). Overall lasted about two hours and like I mentioned before very conversational.

Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bard (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Around 4 weeks, met with several members of clinical and sales teams. Phone and live interviews. Hiring manager was an incredible resource throughout process. They were very transparent about expectations and goals. Open to discussing areas of challenge. Offered many employees as resources to speak with and learn more about the company.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest thing you've had to do in your life?
      How do you deal with difficult people or situations?
      Do you like to win or not lose?
      Answer Question

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bard (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

went very well. management made the atmosphere easy and relaxing. the application process was a bit longer then would have liked. was originally given a months notice to start after the job offer, but was able to start sooner