Bare Escentuals Beauty Ambassador Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bare Escentuals Beauty Ambassador Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.4

Beauty Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview

Just casual questions getting to know me, asking about my experience in retail along with my experience involving not only make up but specifically their products. Then they informed me about the training process that would be involved. After an in-person interview, I was called in for an "audition" where I was to show my skills with applying make-up to another person using the products and brushes provided.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bare Escentuals

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Allentown, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

My initial interview was a basic one on one interview with the store manager. She asked basic get to know you interview questions. After the interview with the first manager, she asked me to speak with the second one to review and go over the questions again. They loved my bubbly energetic attitude and told me they would be in contact for the second interview, aka the "audition".

The audition is a 30-45 min make under/role play. You have 30-45 minutes to complete a face of makeup with whatever scenario your model gives you. Afterwards, the manager critiques your performance.

Interview Questions

• Who is your beauty inspiration? Have you used bareMinerals before?   Answer Question

Beauty Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview

It was a group interview, we all took turns answering the same question so it gave me good time to think of an good answer. Really fast, the 2nd interview was a phone interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Bare Minerals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Briefly talked but mostly did makeup on a model that I had to provide. They are so desperate, because people keep leaving, that they will hire most people on the spot.

Beauty Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview

Applied online a few days after the job was listed. Got a call back less then a week later asking to come in for an interview the following day at 1. Was slightly nervous because I didn't have previous retail experience, but I am pretty skilled with makeup and put that on my application. Got to the interview 15 minutes early, had to wait because the girl interviewing me was with a client. Wore all black, dressed professional. We talked outside the boutique on some couches in the mall. She was somewhat informal, asked me some basic questions, stopped to point out a dog on a leash walking through the mall. She was clearly reading them off a list of questions her keyholder probably told her to use to interview people. She mostly went over the companies policies and such. Lasted about 30 minutes. She scheduled another interview on the spot, which was the make under. I brought my sister. I wasn't too nervous, and the manager helped me along the way. We were chatting like friends the whole time. The next day I got a call saying that her boss wanted me to fill out some questions about salary and that they would "love to have me". I got the email with the offer right after the email with the questions. Whole process took about a week, and we had to reschedule my second interview due to snow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offered me 11 per hour and I am happy.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online called after a week. Later relieved a phone call same day asking to set up an interview. Did a private interview at the location. Received a call after a week and a half asking if I wanted to accept their offer.

Interview Questions

• whst does customer service mean to me?   1 Answer

Beauty Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I was called for an interview with the store manager and assistant manager. The interview went well, they took me into the back room to ask me some standard questions about sales experience, previous jobs, how to handle an unpleasant customer or co-worker etc. The next day, the manager called me and said shed like me to answer some questions via taleo (the site i applied on) and that we would go from there. The following afternoon she called and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• why work at bare minerals? what would you contribute?   Answer Question
    • what is your previous sales experience?   Answer Question
    • how comfortable do you feel about knowledge of makeup/the beauty industry?   Answer Question
    • how would your last supervisor describe you?   Answer Question
    • do you feel comfortable working as a team?   Answer Question
    • describe a time you had to deal with an unpleasant customer? describe a time you had to deal with an employee you didnt get along with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They ask what the minimum pay and amount of hours per week would be unacceptable to you. I said under $12/hr and 10 hours a week. They offered a part time position starting at $14/hr (under 28 hrs/wk)

Beauty Ambassador Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals in December 2015.

Interview

So I don't really know if I got the job it's nerve racking! I applied for the position around Christmas.,got a phone call interview and then a meet up interview a couple days later. Had my make up under interview last week, so that was three interviews in total..I was nervous for the make up under because they were there just watching me apply everything! Assist manager and Key holder said I did great but let me tell you! Don't put your hopes up :( it's not up to them! I don't know if it's like this at every store but apparently you get an email from DM if you get the offer or not.,waited one week and nothing.! But good luck to everyone!

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (West Covina, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very friendly. Asked a bunch of typical interview questions. You have to come in twice. Once for the initial interview, then again to do the managers makeup look. You have to have quite a bit of experience, and having product knowledge is a must. Know their stuff! It also helps if you have a lot of experience with makeup, even if it's not professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with a team and it was difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Annapolis, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

One on One , She asked about my previous job experience and why I wanted to work for the company. Asked me to sell her an lipstick. I had to bring in my won model and do an full make over on her, tutorial style.