Bare Escentuals Boutique Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bare Escentuals Boutique Manager Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Boutique Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview

Was recruited by District Manager, interviewed with Regional Manager. Asked questions about team building, sales driving, and coaching. Talked about management skills, I have over 20 years experience so just understand business and what it takes to drive sales and traffic into locations and you will do fine

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiation was easy, they came in mid range and I went high, we met in the middle

Other Interview Reviews for Bare Escentuals

Boutique Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of days later a Regional Manager contacted me about scheduling an interview. I met with her at the location she was hiring for and we sat down in the extremely noisy second food area of that mall. She asked me to explain my most recent position and asked me a couple of follow up questions. Once we went through that for a little while, she then asked me if I had any questions. I asked her to explain what the day-to-day expectations are and what the training would look like. She explained requirements such as team development around customer service and sales and that she was looking to fill the position quickly due to a large seminar coming up the next month. She closed the interview by saying that it may be early the next week before she called about her decision and for me to call her if I had any questions before then. I called her midway the following week after I hadn't heard anything. She told me that she was waiting to speak with other managers who had also been conducting interviews for this position and to call her back the following Tuesday. I waited, still didn't hear anything, and then called her that Tuesday afternoon. She explained that she still hadn't met with everyone and I asked if she'd like for one of my references to e-mail her some information. She said that would be great, she responded to one of my previous manager who contacted her, and we've never heard from her again.

Almost a month went by without her giving me an answer and then the position was posted on a job site once again. I'm still not sure why she didn't just tell me that I didn't have the job.....

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unexpected. She did not seem to use a format like most other recruiters or hiring manager seem to use for other retail positions. The fact that we were in a very disruptive meeting area was difficult though.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Madison, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

I was recruited by a current Boutique Manager at the time. The process took about 3 weeks total. I had two phone interviews with different DM's, met with another Boutique Manager in person for a conversational interview, as well as a practical interview.

Anonymous Employee in Stonestown, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Stonestown, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I only interviewed once with one of my former District Managers.
    I was chosen for particular boutique that was struggling and ended up raising sales by 10% and implemented a very effective team as well.
    Boutique had not been making any comp in those previous years

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't really any negotiation. I was offered and i accepted

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Annapolis, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview with Regional Manager. You will be made acutely aware of everything you DONT know which i found helpful.
    She gave me suggestions on how i could personally impact business and acknowledged how she felt i fit the brand, which made me feel confident.
    I felt unsure after the interview because, again, she focused on the areas i needed to improve my knowledge so i felt she thought i wasnt ready to take on the job. As it turns out she was impressed with my interview but you would never have known. Very poker - face.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked to walk through and explain a KPI report   1 Answer
    • They will discuss your own personal metrics along with your locations metrics   1 Answer

Boutique Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals in February 2012.

Interview

I was a possible internal promotion, so my experience was a little different. I had to be OK'd to interview by my supervisor and then had an interview with the district manager. To be honest, I was already favored for the position, so my interview was a formality. Typically, a candidate goes through several phases--brief, over the phone questionnaire, 1st in person interview, audition (makeup application and selling techniques, feedback and follow-up questions after the audition), an interview with the regional manager (typically via phone), and an interview with HR via phone.

Interview Questions

• How would I grow the business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Dallas, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Via telephone. I had 3 interviews and was hired in the 3rd, It was fast because the previous candidate fell through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was and if you stand your ground it will go your way

Boutique Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals in March 2011.

Interview

I Actually interviewd with the Distric Manager and the Boutique Manager of a different store. I arrived about 10min early and waited waited about 20min before the interview started. The distric manager didn't ask very many questions your basic tell me about yourself and how much money do you currently make. The boutique manager never asked anything. I was told I would definatly get a call back the following Tuesday, which I didn't. I called but my call was never returned. Honestly I felt like the distric manager wasn't very prefessional and her top was Way to low cut.