Bare Escentuals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bare Escentuals Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.5

Beauty Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview

Just casual questions getting to know me, asking about my experience in retail along with my experience involving not only make up but specifically their products. Then they informed me about the training process that would be involved. After an in-person interview, I was called in for an "audition" where I was to show my skills with applying make-up to another person using the products and brushes provided.

Assistant Boutique Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Sacramento, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was average. Asked a lot about management skills, experience, and role played scenarios. A lot of "what ifs" and how you would handle certain situations. Definitely be aware of core roles because they'll ask directly from it

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've had a peer who didn't follow protocol. How did you approach it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Allentown, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

My initial interview was a basic one on one interview with the store manager. She asked basic get to know you interview questions. After the interview with the first manager, she asked me to speak with the second one to review and go over the questions again. They loved my bubbly energetic attitude and told me they would be in contact for the second interview, aka the "audition".

The audition is a 30-45 min make under/role play. You have 30-45 minutes to complete a face of makeup with whatever scenario your model gives you. Afterwards, the manager critiques your performance.

Interview Questions

• Who is your beauty inspiration? Have you used bareMinerals before?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had three interviews and got offered the job after meeting with a regional that flew out to meet me. They were interested in what I had accomplished as in events #'s

Interview Questions

• What inspires me? And I have exceeded every event goal.   Answer Question

Beauty Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview

It was a group interview, we all took turns answering the same question so it gave me good time to think of an good answer. Really fast, the 2nd interview was a phone interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Bare Minerals?   1 Answer

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview

Super easy and quick dust interview. Second interview required you to do make up on someone in a 45 min interaction. Knowledge on products is a plus and as well as enthusiasm for cosmetics and customer service.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Briefly talked but mostly did makeup on a model that I had to provide. They are so desperate, because people keep leaving, that they will hire most people on the spot.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied online and didn't receive a call for an interview until about 2 and a half weeks later. I arrived to the interview 10 mins early and we sat outside the store on some couches for the entirety of the interview. She asked me about my work history as well as other typical questions an interviewer would ask. Overall very pleasant but productive interview!

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I did two phone interviews with the store manager and a manager from another store and two face to face interviews one with a current key holder and then the final one with the store manager. Then a background check was performed and references were called then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I gave the pay rate that I was expecting

Beauty Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals.

Interview

Applied online a few days after the job was listed. Got a call back less then a week later asking to come in for an interview the following day at 1. Was slightly nervous because I didn't have previous retail experience, but I am pretty skilled with makeup and put that on my application. Got to the interview 15 minutes early, had to wait because the girl interviewing me was with a client. Wore all black, dressed professional. We talked outside the boutique on some couches in the mall. She was somewhat informal, asked me some basic questions, stopped to point out a dog on a leash walking through the mall. She was clearly reading them off a list of questions her keyholder probably told her to use to interview people. She mostly went over the companies policies and such. Lasted about 30 minutes. She scheduled another interview on the spot, which was the make under. I brought my sister. I wasn't too nervous, and the manager helped me along the way. We were chatting like friends the whole time. The next day I got a call saying that her boss wanted me to fill out some questions about salary and that they would "love to have me". I got the email with the offer right after the email with the questions. Whole process took about a week, and we had to reschedule my second interview due to snow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offered me 11 per hour and I am happy.