Bare Escentuals Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bare Escentuals Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with managment. She seemed like a really sweet person. The second was with a assistant manager....She was nice but I could tell before we sat down she didnt like me....The "manager" told me that my second interview I was going to do someones makeup and it would be more of a scenario but She asked me only a couple questions then said she would call and she never did. I wasn't too worried about it because I already took another job prior to applying for this one....

Her questions all required experience of putting on makeup which she knew going in from my resume that I had none :)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done anyone elses makeup but your own ?   1 Answer
  • There's a lot of multitasking in our store do you think you could handle it ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bare Escentuals

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

A very pleasant experience. Dealt with very nice management and felt that the interview was very thorough. The whole process took 3 days in total. One of which was a makeup application. That was the last day after I went through an interview with both the assistant and store manager.

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Roseville, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

I walked into Bare Minerals one night, was told I should apply, came back the next morning wearing all black and had my 'face' on, the manager and assistant manager both interviewed me right then and there, scheduled my second interview with the corporate sales rep at a different mall in town for the same day, went out there and had my interview, they called me that same night and offered me the position. I was hired and interviewed 3 times within 24 hours of walking in the store for some shopping.

It may have been so easy for me because I already use the products and have sales experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you over another person applying at the same time as you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Memphis, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

not many questions, offered a job because of expirience

Negotiation

negotiated easily

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals (Wellington, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

My interviewer asked me meaningless questions all while wearing an uncomfortably inappropriate blouse. It was very akward, to say the least. And i still do not understand how my "favorite food" attributes to me obtaining a position in a cosmetics store.

Interview Questions

• "what is your favorite food to eat? Would you be bringing it into work?"   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bare Escentuals in December 2008.

Interview

After submitting an application, I was called to schedule an interview. This was done within the following days and conducted by the manager of the store. After the interview I was told they liked me and saw potential, but needed to see my sales skills. We scheduled a time to come back for a sale's pitch presentation as me acting like the sales person while the manager was the client and I tried to sell her an eyeshadow kit. I got the job. I was extremely nervous, much more so than if it had been an actual customer and not the manager of course. I tried to just pretend like I already worked there and I honestly did know a lot about the product so I knew what I was talking about.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about spending time with fellow employees outside of work-? (like making friends and going out for drinks).   Answer Question
    • It wasn't so much a question but the whole fake sales pitch was pretty difficult if you are not used to that. It was a fantastic learning experience though!   Answer Question