Barilla America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barilla America

Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barilla America (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I walked in and submitted an application and was offered an interview by the manager and general manager. They called me back later in 10 minutes providing me a job and I was hired.

Packaging Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Avon, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barilla America (North Avon, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Group interview with 5 people. Asked a variety of general questions as well as some that I would find out were more specific to the type of work I would be doing.

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barilla America in December 2014.

Interview

Had applied online for the role. Got shortlisted for the HR interview. She made it clear at the start that the company does not employ foreign nationals. But since it was an internship position, she went ahead with it.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barilla America (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview 30 mins with HR for basic background questions and on site for 3 hours with hiring manager, group director, and a manager from other department.
    Some behavioral questions some professional related.

Overall very smooth and efficient

R&D Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barilla America.

Interview

I applied through a temporary recruiting agency. It was one on one interview and asked couple background questions and behavioral questions. It was pretty straight forward and didn't throw any curvball questions. They gave me call back within a week. I started two weeks afterward with the training.

Interview Questions

• What was your strength and weakness ?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bannockburn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Barilla America (Bannockburn, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Early 2012 - Interview process went on for over 6 weeks.
    1st round - initial HR screening over phone (1 hour)
    2nd round - hiring manager & HR in person (3 hours)
    3rd round - hiring manager, area VP, and 2 others in person (5 hours)
    4th round - area VP and HR in person again (2 hours) [note this meeting came after being rescheduled several times at last second]
    After 10+ hours of interview, they informed me with a brief email that they were going to move forward with an internal candidate. This came as quite a surprise since I thought they would have vetted all internal candidates before offering the position externally.
    This process was tedious and unnecessarily drawn out. It was a great insight into a team/company that does not have the ability to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: Explain in detail your company's last business model.   Answer Question