Baringa Partners Analyst (Data Science and AI) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Baringa Partners

1 Interview Review

4.0

Analyst (Data Science and AI) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

The entire recruitment cycle at Baringa Parters was the best I have experienced so far. It was a very personal experience which made it even more enjoyable.

First Stage: Online CV submission and phone interview.

Second Stage: Face to face interview with Senior Manager to assess competency and culture fit. To be honest this felt like a casual conversation rather than a formal interview about motivations for applying and technical skills transferable to the role.

Coding test: This was a very difficult coding assessment. However, it is not necessary to get everything right, they're more interested in your thought process and how you tackle a problem. (You can choose your programming language to solve the given tasks)

Partner Interview: Again, this was a casual and fun conversation about your CV and why you think Baringa is the right fit for you. The partner was very friendly and explained his reasons for joining Baringa which aligned very well with my aspirations about the company as well.

Final Case Study Interview: The case study was simple and straightforward. It was a sample client proposal to use data science to solve a problem. Be prepared to think on your feet and justify your proposal (e.g. what algorithms you would use, why is this info helpful, where would you get it from etc.)

I got a call from the HR department about a week after my final interview. I had 2 offers from other consultancies and Baringa were able to provide a very competitive offer which I gladly accepted. They were very accommodating in terms of their timetable to arrange interviews and I was quite impressed by all the team members I met throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• What algorithm would you choose to solve this problem and why?   Answer Question