Baringa Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baringa Partners Interview Questions

Interviews at Baringa Partners

3.4

Analyste Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Psychometric test (logic and reasoning questions)
    First interview (motivation and mini-case study questions)
    Assesment Centre (group activities, final interview, informal peer to peer meeting with someone who is doing the job you're applying for )

Interview Questions

• motivation questions and mini case study questions (assess the size of one specific market)   Answer Question

Manager Technology Transformation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southwark, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (Southwark, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

I was approached by a recruitment consultant but had heard good things about Baringa from ex-consulting colleagues in the past. I found the recruitment process to be quick and efficient. I had very little leave available and the company were very flexible in arranging late evening interviews. The interview consisted of two rounds. The first interview was with a Senior Manager and was competency based (i.e. walk me through your CV, tell me about a time when you....). I was immediately struck by how friendly the interviewer was and how relaxed the organisation seemed to be which helped me to keep calm and deliver a good interview. Since joining the firm its clear that this round is also very much about assessing your cultural fit to the company. One of the reasons I applied to Baringa is that it promotes its family friendly credentials. The interviewer had first hand experience of this and was able to talk me through the organisation's culture and commitment to work/life balance.

The second round which was a couple of weeks later (think it would have been faster but my workload wouldn't permit it). In this interview I met with a Director and Partner, the interview began with some further probing of my experience and moved onto a case study. The case study was provided to me a week before the interview and I had to produce a presentation consisting of 3 slides to be given to the CIO of a company. Again the friendliness of interviewers made the whole process quite enjoyable (don't think i've ever said that about an interview before). They seemed generally interested in my views on architecture and IT strategy. Following the interview, I got feedback from the recruitment consultant (about an hour later) and then I think the formal offer came through about a week later. A nice touch was that the Partner called me directly to tell me about the offer and talk it through.

Interview Questions

• The case study is challenging. Whilst it was very much 'my bag', constraining a pretty complex topic to three slides was a challenge (but quite an interesting one)   Answer Question

Negotiation

My negotiation was carried out through the agent. It was quite straightforward. She was able to tell me roughly what the company would be likely to offer and I told her what my expectation was. The offer ended up higher than my expectation and talking through the rationale for the offer in relation to the salary bands with the Partner, I felt the offer was fair and didn't require further negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners.

Interview

Three interviews: first one by phone with Senior Manager, second one including a panel based case-study with a Director and a Senior Manager, then final one with a Partner.

Friendly environment, interviewers are testing your cultural fit and abilities trying to understand what your story is, what you want out of your career and whether you are confident, capable and amicable enough to be able to consistently represent the company in your future career as consultant.

For my interviews they looked for stories demonstrating skills in terms of initiating, managing projects & implementations. General interview questions were complemented by specific project and industry discussions. Understanding personality fit was also one of their primary concerns as the company works to continue building reputation around consultants that are passionate about helping their clients, taking ownership while maintaining a friendly but professional attitude.

Interview Questions

• Case study was a simple re-creation of a real and possible client challenge. Specifically my case study was around the merger of two energy trading businesses. Most difficult question for me was specific question about implementation methodology which I hadn't formally studied. In practice this was fine since interviewers were only really trying to figure out how I thought about the possibilities.   Answer Question

Analyst, Energy Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online for the Analyst role. Process took about 2 months from the application closing date to an offer being made.

First round was an Excel test. An Excel spreadsheet was emailed and I had 45 minutes to complete as much as possible. The focus was on simple energy related concepts, although I struggled to get what I wanted from Excel quickly as I wasn't that familiar with it at the time. I was very time pressured and only finished about two-thirds of the material, however I made it to the next round.

Second round was a face-to-face interview at the office in London with a Senior Manager and a Director from the Energy Advisory division. 45 minutes talking about energy market concepts (and me having to illustrate this on the whiteboard). Also asked some questions relating to what I thought the role entailed.

Third and final round was an assessment centre, again at the office. This consisted of a group exercise (there were five of us) and then an interview with a Partner and another senior member of the Energy Advisory division. The group exercise was to prepare and then perform a mock-pitch for a relevant piece of business as if we were working for Baringa. The partner interview was fairly similar to the first round interview, perhaps in a bit more depth about energy market concepts. I also got the opportunity to meet a more junior person of the division over coffee, which was a nice touch.

HR were extremely efficient, replied quickly to email or phone enquiries. The Excel test, interview and case study content was all extremely energy concept related (no "tell me about a time when..." questions!).

Interview Questions

• Questions related to energy market concepts in UK and EU.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, had ~3 weeks to accept the offer although I accepted very quickly.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baringa Partners in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process took 4 weeks from initial application to offer. Overall, it was a very well organized interview process with timely feedback after each stage. The feedback was always useful and helped you focus on areas for improvement on the next stage as well as highlighting where you did well during the interview.

3 stage process - 1) Face to face interview with a Senior Manager. 2) Case Study Assessment with 2 Senior people. 3) Final Face to Face interview with a Partner in the practice.

Everyone throughout the entire process is very friendly and helpful and makes you want to join the company even more!

Interview Questions

• Throughout the process they are interested in understanding your background and experience in further detail. Be prepared to answer questions around the type of projects you have worked on; roles you have done and why you are looking to leave your current employer.   Answer Question

Analyst (Data Science and AI) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

The entire recruitment cycle at Baringa Parters was the best I have experienced so far. It was a very personal experience which made it even more enjoyable.

First Stage: Online CV submission and phone interview.

Second Stage: Face to face interview with Senior Manager to assess competency and culture fit. To be honest this felt like a casual conversation rather than a formal interview about motivations for applying and technical skills transferable to the role.

Coding test: This was a very difficult coding assessment. However, it is not necessary to get everything right, they're more interested in your thought process and how you tackle a problem. (You can choose your programming language to solve the given tasks)

Partner Interview: Again, this was a casual and fun conversation about your CV and why you think Baringa is the right fit for you. The partner was very friendly and explained his reasons for joining Baringa which aligned very well with my aspirations about the company as well.

Final Case Study Interview: The case study was simple and straightforward. It was a sample client proposal to use data science to solve a problem. Be prepared to think on your feet and justify your proposal (e.g. what algorithms you would use, why is this info helpful, where would you get it from etc.)

I got a call from the HR department about a week after my final interview. I had 2 offers from other consultancies and Baringa were able to provide a very competitive offer which I gladly accepted. They were very accommodating in terms of their timetable to arrange interviews and I was quite impressed by all the team members I met throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• What algorithm would you choose to solve this problem and why?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)).

Interview

A really slow process from the start. It’s been over two months since I applied for the role and half way I was asked to interview. The interview was very technical and needed inside information into Baringa such as their expansion plans and push backs to answer fully. I’ve chased for the past 7 weeks for an answer and I’ve only received one response since. It’s extremely unprofessional. I don’t understand why HR think it’s ok to ignore rather than just say whether or not you have been successful or not. I do not recommend applying. It’s a shame that HR let down the company.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a one partner office that requires marketing resources to expand their operation?   Answer Question