Baringa Partners Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baringa Partners Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Baringa Partners

3.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

well organised and structured and friendly approach - this was my first round interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Baringa Partners

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners.

Interview

The recruitment process was fantastic - the best I've ever been through. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone considering applying.

I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by the Recruitment Manager. From there they sent a document clearly outlining the interview process, timelines and expectations. My process took around 3 weeks in total as the team were able to speed it up as I had another offer. It comprised four stages:
    1) Initial interview with a Senior Manager from my area
    2) Case study interview with a Senior Manager and a Director. One hour to prepare and one hour to present.
    3) Buddy chat with someone my level - useful to get an "on the ground" perspective.
    4) Interview with partner, relatively friendly and informal. Focused on getting to know each other, and giving you a realistic idea of what to expect.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a different process than most people who joined Baringa. I knew a few people who worked at Baringa and it all started with an informal coffee with one employee. Following this, and because I wanted to know more about the company, I had another informal coffee a week later with a Baringa partner.
    From this point on we decided to go for a formal process which involved 3 stages: typical CV interview, case study and Director/partner interview. I was keen to go for face-to-face meetings so never had any phone calls.
    There was no surprise at all when it came to the first stage. The questions asked were similar to many other firms' but the biggest difference is that it did not feel like an interview at all but more like a discussion.
    The second stage was a case study to prepare for an hour in a meeting room. Each BU has its own case. A few pages to go through, filter the information you really need to answer the case questions and then elaborate your structure. There was a whiteboard on the wall I fully used in addition to my notes but it seems that most people only stick to their notes. Quick 20min presentation on my side if I remember correctly and then we moved on to the Q&A which I found very challenging towards the end as we started to go deeper into the case. The 2 interviewers made sure I had 10min at the end to ask any question about Baringa. Despite this stage was more structured than the previous one, it still felt like a discussion.
    The 3rd and final stage was a fit interview with one director and one partner, nothing specific to say here. They were trying to understand what my personality was and whether I would make a good addition to the team. It was a very good chat.

I received a call 48h after from the partner I had met to give me an offer, which I accepted.

Throughout the process I was offered informal chats with people in the BU I applied to. It is for you to choose whether you want to accept them or not but I would encourage you to go for them as they give you the opportunity to ask any question you want.
    Baringa knew I had other processes going on when they extended me an offer. Since the moment I received the good news I had regular calls or coffees from HRs, other consultants and one the partners to catch-up. It really made a difference in the end.

One thing I would like to flag on the cons: Baringa pride themselves in being able to deliver a quick process, mine lasted 6 weeks and I was expecting something quicker. I understand my case was rather specific but wanted to flag this nonetheless.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners in March 2015.

Interview

Very communicative, clear and transparent process on behalf of the HR team. Each step in the interview process is followed-up with a call from HR to give feedback, report on next steps and give you the interviewee a chance to contribute to the whole experience.
    The case study, whilst it looks quite daunting and difficult gives you a great opportunity to pick your strengths and demonstrate them to the interviewers.
    An informal meeting also helps getting a better understanding of Baringa has a unique approach and give information on the day to day functioning.

Interview Questions

• How has my industry experience contributed to my consulting career?
      What do I tend to look for in a project?
      How do I approach difficult client/colleague situations?
      What is my view of the industry trends and how can a consultancy adapt to them?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners.

Interview

I was referred to Baringa by a friend, the first interview was a meet and greet and general CV run though - formed more of a conversation than interview (which is always a good sign to be that it has gone well!)
    Second interview was a case study on unseen material. 1 hour prep and 1 hour to discuss. I must confess, this was the hardest case study I have ever worked on - i thought the questions themselves were structured oddly which resulted in a lot of jumping around as I wanted ro mitigate risks to the issues found...but that was part 2 of the question so had to hold back.
    The two interviewers were friendly and attentive and the process waa very professional. Unfortunately I did not make it past this round but a good experience up to that point

Interview Questions

• Hope would you modify the project plan to recover the lost time   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Comprised of three steps: 1:1 competency based interview, a case study (1 hour prep, 1 hour presentation / discussion) and a partner interview. There was also an option for a peer 1:1 interview before the partner interview (which as I had spoken to people working at Baringa prior to applying I opted to skip at this stage). Really useful to get a candidate interview pack prior to the process beginning, and feedback throughout after each stage.

Interview Questions

• Questions generally centered around why Baringa, why the area I had chosen, and examples of where I demonstrated skills e.g. managing people, delivery, difficult situations etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial telephone interview, followed by a case study and a final Partner interview. I was kept up to date throughout with really fair and useful feedback on how to develop and prepare for the next step.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to share what I believed to be my best example of a project that I had delivered.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Fast, easy & friendly throughout. Partners were engaged on helping me from day 1 & I found the level on seniority who were in frequent contact with me both unusual & refreshing.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Retail & Networks team. I contacted the recruiter directly on LinkedIn, and had an interview arranged within a few days. The first interview was with two Senior Managers and lasted about an hour, both were extremely relaxed which was excellent. The second interview was a case study, with 1 hour to prepare and 1 hour to deliver. The timing for the case study was purposefully rushed, which meant you had to be very focused, overall it was a great experience and I think it brings the best out of you. The final interview was with two partners and was an hour, it was again very relaxed which was a huge benefit, and covered a range of topics related to my career in Energy & Utilities and how that would benefit Baringa. A partner called me with the offer a few days later and was very knowledgeable on the hiring process and answered all my questions, this was a really nice plus. Overall this was a fantastic experience and I feel that the way it was approached brings the best out in candidates.

Interview Questions

• Business consulting background
      Technical knowledge
      Cultural fit   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

After an initial phone discussion with the recruiter I was invited to London for the first interview with one of the partners. At the end of this, he informed me that I'd be invited for the second interview that includes a case study. This happened, including two more interviews with another partner, plus a peer discussion to get a sense of what it's like working for Baringa.

Interview Questions

• Please prepare and discuss a client proposal to explain how to use data to improve the failure of smart meter installations.   Answer Question