Baringa Partners Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baringa Partners Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Baringa Partners

3.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through the company website with my CV and Covering Letter in Sept '15. Heard back from Baringa within a day or two confirming they would like to start the recruitment process towards the end of the year with a view to being hired in early 2016 if successful. This suited me as I was working abroad until October.

The process itself consisted of a brief but informative chat with the recruitment team before a 1-2-1 interview with a Manager-grade employee was scheduled. The interview was thorough without feeling intrusive or aggressive, and the interviewer was warm and friendly throughout. I found out within 48 hours that I had made it through to the next stage and was given honest feedback about where I performed well, and what I would need to improve in the next stage.

The next stage was an unseen case study interview with a (different) Manager and Senior Manager. I was given about an hour to read the case study, prepare for a discussion/informal presentation using a whiteboard and prepare a formal written note to a key stakeholder about the discussion. The case study is designed to be 'information overload', so I would suggest reading the case study through first, before focusing on the most important pieces of information, and information which you can relate to your real life experience. The discussion was again warm, friendly and honest without being aggressive. At no point did I feel like they were trying to 'trip me up', just looking to understand my thought process and how I reached my conclusion. Feedback was given within 48hrs.

Final Stage was a partner interview, this was a CV review with a few competency questions thrown in. I felt like this was really to determine whether I would be a good fit for Baringa and vice versa.

Approximately 3-4 days later I found out I had been successful and would be offered a role. The partner himself rang me with the news which I thought was a nice touch, before HR/Recruitment sent the paperwork through later in the day.

Overall I found the recruitment process thorough and challenging, but actually quite a warm, 2-way experience that just made me want to join the company more and more as it progressed.

Interview Questions

• Talk through your CV/Experience   1 Answer

See What Baringa Partners Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros: “For consulting, this is as good as it gets. People care about you, they support your personal ambitions and most of the time you work with great colleagues. You can also drive your own...”“For consulting, this is as good as it gets. People care about you, they support your personal ambitions and most of the time you work with great colleagues. You can also drive your own career and you are supported to figure out what you enjoy quite early on. Work life balance is discussed a lot and they are always trying new ways to make this lifestyle work for your circumstances” – Full Review